My neighbor...

V8 Beast

Over the last few week my neighbor has been threatening to call the cops on the kids. They were playing in the street and went into his grass way too much. I understand how much it takes to keep grass green so I am extremely empathetic to his situation. The problem is he is a little bitch and waits until I leave before he says anything. Fast forward to today...

I go to pick up my nephew and leave my son with my neighbor. After I leave he comes outside and tells my son that having the basketball hoop at the end of my driveway is illegal. Keep in mind that I was out there playing with the kids for a few hours and he didn't open his mouth. My son tells the guy if he has any issues to talk to my dad. The guy then tells him to move it or he's calling the cops. My son repeats himself as I told him to. Flustered he calls me saying, "Dad I'm going to jail!" I hurry home to put an end to this bs.

When I get home there are 3 officers outside of my house playing referee to a heated debate between a few of my neighbors about the hoop being "illegal". I jump out of my car and this dude has a panic attack. He starts apologizing, saying he cancelled the call to the cops, he really didn't mean for them to come out, and is almost in tears. In my most pleasant customer service voice I tell him if he has any issues with my kids, ever, to call me. If he addresses them without me present I would like for it to be civil. We have been neighbors for 7 years and there is no reason to start problems now. I add that I understand its hard work to keep the grass green and the kids know they are not allowed on it. Finally I ask, why he has never said anything? He doesn't respond. He just tears up, shakes my hand and runs away :wtf:

While he's running I say, "The basketball hoop will remain on my property and the kids will continue to use it." We have about 20 kids in our neighborhood and its a great way to exercise and keep them out of trouble. The cop then chimes in and says be lucky its not street hockey or baseball and starts cracking up.

I know for a fact I'm a lot more mature than I used to be. The Brian from 5 years ago would be throwing cups of roundup on his lawn and being an ass whenever possible. Instead I'm more worried about having a conversation with this guy to let him know he shouldn't be afraid to reach out to me.

Thanks for reading my touching emo story. Its been a fun day.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... why I live in the corn fields of the world.

:)

So, he called the cops for your kid(s) playing ball... on your own property? Sounds like your "bitch" description pretty much sums it up.

I purposely moved it to a point that the ball goes nowhere near his yard. I also think I need to let him know that if his yard is properly airated light traffic wont compact the ground enough to kill the grass...

I purposely moved it to a point that the ball goes nowhere near his yard. I also think I need to let him know that if his yard is properly airated light traffic wont compact the ground enough to kill the grass...

Some people are just nuts and crazy about green grass. Your neighbor sounds like he is bipolar ?

I live out of town also nothing but a big corn field across the road and still have a neighbor around the corner that I had to battle it out with. We finally get along now. We just totally ignore each other.

Some people are just nuts and crazy about green grass. Your neighbor sounds like he is bipolar ?

I live out of town also nothing but a big corn field across the road and still have a neighbor around the corner that I had to battle it out with. We finally get along now. We just totally ignore each other.

The other night Rutan was over my house tuning my car around 9pm. My other neighbor called and said my car was too loud so I apologized and put it away. I've had annoying neighbors in the past so I do everything I can to not be that person. Some people are just wierd.

Yes I know I'm wierd too!

Cleaning your gun on your front porch is a completely legal activity and I highly recommend it.

It usually clarifies any issues you may have with people in the neighborhood.

Sounds like the guy is already a scared bitch so the gun things probably not needed.

The situation got handled way better then I expected.