My neighbor...

V8 Beast

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to talk to him today. He basically said he doesnt want the kids playing ball in front of his house. He said having 13 kids in front of his house is a "gang" and the cops would be called if they kept it up. I let him know the cops were laughing at him and calling him an idiot. I also told him that I'm not going to tell my son to police the number of kids he's playing with. As to not catch a case I told him to shut the fuck up and walked away.

There is no way in hell Im going to let him control whats going on in front of my house. The sidewalk and street are public property. If I want to have 20 kids in front of my house I'm going to. The basketball boucing does not create enough noise to be considered a legal issue during daylight hours and its not hanging over the street so he cant say shit. I have a really strong feeling one of the kids are going to end up kicking his ass. They are getting older and half of them are bigger than him at this point (he's about 5'2''). Summer vacation is on its way so the kids are going to start multiplying.

I would really love if every police officer on this board would show up in your cars and uniforms for a cookout and a few games of basketball. That would be freaking awesome :lol:

So I went to talk to him today. He basically said he doesnt want the kids playing ball in front of his house. He said having 13 kids in front of his house is a "gang" and the cops would be called if they kept it up.

Sounds to me like he should be living in an area where there are no kids. Perhaps a retirement community. So far as the gang comment, I would have told him that such a thing is borderline offensive and ask him to clarify if he meant that as a racist comment. Just to make him aware that he placed the card down first.

For you, just check with city ordinances to verify if there are any rules or laws against playing there. CYA is all. Otherwise, I doubt it. I know in our area, you're not allowed to keep portable hoops like that at the bottom of the drive or near the street. We have a few homes that move them there during games, but they move them back up the drive when not in use.

I would even consider getting a restraining order against him. Do it out of fear for your kids safety as it sounds like he's being a bit unreasonable and you don't like it. This will really send him a message that you're serious and can play the game too. He is to stay XXX ft away from your kids at all times. If he gets pissy, just look at him and tell him it would be a horrible thing if a child / minor were to get into any kind of altercation with him.

Hahahaha the classic race card.

I believe everyone is racist to some degree, not shocking.

Sounds to me like he should be living in an area where there are no kids. Perhaps a retirement community. So far as the gang comment, I would have told him that such a thing is borderline offensive and ask him to clarify if he meant that as a racist comment. Just to make him aware that he placed the card down first.

For you, just check with city ordinances to verify if there are any rules or laws against playing there. CYA is all. Otherwise, I doubt it. I know in our area, you're not allowed to keep portable hoops like that at the bottom of the drive or near the street. We have a few homes that move them there during games, but they move them back up the drive when not in use.

I would even consider getting a restraining order against him. Do it out of fear for your kids safety as it sounds like he's being a bit unreasonable and you don't like it. This will really send him a message that you're serious and can play the game too. He is to stay XXX ft away from your kids at all times. If he gets pissy, just look at him and tell him it would be a horrible thing if a child / minor were to get into any kind of altercation with him.

I believe everyone is racist to some degree, not shocking.

I did exactly what you said when he first called the police. My hoop stays at the top of my driveway and is moved down for games as well. As long as the hoop stays on the blacktop its fine. The police officer said if it doesn't overlap public property its cool. Yet, even if it did a little most officers would enforce it.

Today the guy made it a point to go to all of the neighbors houses that have kids and complain. Along his trip was a house with a woman whose body is rejecting a kidney transplant. That was honestly the last straw. I beat on his door and told him off. Its one thing to be anti-kid... its another to stress out someones mom who is going through so much. I told him that the kids would be playing basketball, they would stay off of his property, they would be respectful as far as noise is concerned, and I would put my foot up his ass if he ever added unneeded stress to my neighbor with the kidney issues ever again. I addressed the fact that I was doing everything in my power to be civil but that time is limited. The woman with the kidneys issues husband is a lawyer and the neighborhood would gladly join together to get a restraining order against him. Her kids come over my house to give her time to herself and he stepped way over the line with his crusade to kill childhood.

The other night Rutan was over my house tuning my car around 9pm. My other neighbor called and said my car was too loud so I apologized and put it away. I've had annoying neighbors in the past so I do everything I can to not be that person. Some people are just wierd.

Yes I know I'm wierd too!

Haha, The best part is that your car isnt even loud with the cutout closed.

Haha, The best part is that your car isnt even loud with the cutout closed.

Right! It sounds like a typical flowmaster having muscle car. I hear trucks that are way louder than my car all the time.

I agree with whoever suggested having a neighborhood BBQ, just have it in that guys yard. With the entire neighborhood there.

They hate him, not going to happen any time soon. Some of my neighbors are the bar fighting spit in your face type. I'm not playing referee for grown people. If he gets his ass beat I would prefer it be when I'm not trying to enjoy a steak :lol: