make my 2002 gt handle better

lawnman

I have a 2002 saleen mustang and need it to handle better. It is all stock now and I ploan on installing some sfc,s and lower control arms. What next ?

I drive it on the street , but also do some autox and drags

handling and drag racing are two totally different things and cant really coexist.

I know. The car is slow and I do not plan on getting it any faster than high

12 's , eventually. I am trying to find a happy medium , if that is possible.

I have a 2002 saleen mustang and need it to handle better. It is all stock now and I ploan on installing some sfc,s and lower control arms. What next ?

I drive it on the street , but also do some autox and drags

that is what I am hearing from many people.

you had your answer all along

I will pass on some painful advice Sam Strano shared with me when I was in a similar boat - sell it and buy a Corvette. If you don't know who Sam Strano is google him and you will realize the irony and powerful candidness of this advice.

I had a fox coupe (had already done most of the straight line stuff (supercharger, h/c/i, built driveline). I had researched all of the options (griggs, max motorsports, fabricate a torque arm/panhard from that book I am forgetting the name right now, etc) had already bought a 5 lug kit with brakes and half of the stuff from maximum when I came to my senses and realized the mustang was never made to handle and anything I did to it would be at a compromise- it is an economy car on a dated 1979 chassis. Arguably the best value you can buy for straight line racing but after I dropped another 5-10 grand in it it might hang with a stock corvette (if I was a good enough driver) but ride like a conestoga wagon. The 05+ cars are a step in the right direction for sure but def not in the same ballpark. I took a catastrophic loss on it (which would have only been worse down the road had I done the suspension as well) sold the uninstalled parts and bought a low mileage z06 which I am trying to leave alone. If you have an authentic saleen you already have the best compromise as far as performance/ride and anything you do will detract from it. SFC's are great bang for the buck but don't know if I would put them on a saleen- I would be surprised if you didn't already have upgraded lcas.

I miss my old 5.0 car for its sound and rawness but I would never trade my corvette for it. Sam Strano was correct. Of course now with my son being born I don't have the time to do what I used to but everytime I drive this car I fall in love with it for how well engineered it is.

I will pass on some painful advice Sam Strano shared with me when I was in a similar boat - sell it and buy a Corvette. If you don't know who Sam Strano is google him and you will realize the irony and powerful candidness of this advice.

I had a fox coupe (had already done most of the straight line stuff (supercharger, h/c/i, built driveline). I had researched all of the options (griggs, max motorsports, fabricate a torque arm/panhard from that book I am forgetting the name right now, etc) had already bought a 5 lug kit with brakes and half of the stuff from maximum when I came to my senses and realized the mustang was never made to handle and anything I did to it would be at a compromise- it is an economy car on a dated 1979 chassis. Arguably the best value you can buy for straight line racing but after I dropped another 5-10 grand in it it might hang with a stock corvette (if I was a good enough driver) but ride like a conestoga wagon. The 05+ cars are a step in the right direction for sure but def not in the same ballpark. I took a catastrophic loss on it (which would have only been worse down the road had I done the suspension as well) sold the uninstalled parts and bought a low mileage z06 which I am trying to leave alone. If you have an authentic saleen you already have the best compromise as far as performance/ride and anything you do will detract from it. SFC's are great bang for the buck but don't know if I would put them on a saleen- I would be surprised if you didn't already have upgraded lcas.

I miss my old 5.0 car for its sound and rawness but I would never trade my corvette for it. Sam Strano was correct. Of course now with my son being born I don't have the time to do what I used to but everytime I drive this car I fall in love with it for how well engineered it is.

Yes it is an original Saleen , the lower control arms look stock .

I really like Corvettes , as I have had 7 of them. Zo6 was an option , but I have 3 kids .

I am not looking at investing more than $400- $500 in the suspension.

For my next car I will build another Shelby Cobra replica , but for the next year I want to tinker with this car.