Concealed for dad

Otis Nice

So dad is looking for a pistol that's more easily concealed to carry. He has an FNP-9 and LOVES it, but a full sized gun is tough. He shot little bro's XD40 and didn't like it at all. Likes my SR9c but is having a tough time trying to decide to go compact, subcompact, etc. He has the FS, and is looking to go totally opposite I think. Here's a list of what we've looked at.

- Ruger LC9

- Ruger SR9c

- Ruger LCP

- Springfield XD

- S&W M&P

- Glock 26

- Glock 27

- Walther PPK

- Walther PK380

...and I think that's it. I know I'm forgetting a few. Anyway, his latest to research is a Bersa .380. Out of the list he likes the LC9 best, but today mentioned the Bersa and really wants to look into them.

Anyone carry one? Any experience?

Take your pick:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_924

Pocket pistols are great, they may not be fun to shoot but they are easy to take with you everywhere which is all that matters. There are more options than whats on that page but its a good place to start.

Take your pick:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_924

Pocket pistols are great, they may not be fun to shoot but they are easy to take with you everywhere which is all that matters. There are more options than whats on that page but its a good place to start.

Thanks. He says his FNP is fun.comfortable to shoot so he's looking for concealability.

I love my XDM .40 compact what did he not like about the XD? Haven't really heard much negative feedback on any of the XD pistols just kind of wondering.

Personal preference/comfort. I have to agree. I wouldn't trade my SR9c for one. Bro LOVES it though.

I always seem to chime in on these, i love my Glock 26. But recently realized its 'ok' at alot of things but not 'great' at any one thing. Its ok to carry but not as comfy as a LCP would be, its ok to shoot but not as nice to shoot as a full size M&P 9mm. Its fairly accurate as far as i consider it, has a decent mag capacity with the extended magazine is 12rds. I have always wanted an LCP and maybe a fullsize M&P but im trying to save money so putting a hold on all big purchases.

SuBaRuA on here (he still lurks, rarely posts) used to and maybe still does carry his Bersa Thunder 380 and always spoke very highly of the value of that gun.

I have one and love the thing. It's a great gun for the money (though they've went up significantly in price since I bought mine. I don't carry mine, as I have other (better) pieces that I carry, but I wouldn't hesitate to trust mine. They don't get near enough credit for what they are. I need to get mine back out; I haven't shot it in probably 2+ years.

Forgot to mention, I have a Kel Tec P3AT. It's a .380 and fits great in my pocket. I'd like to check out the Kel Tec PF9, see if its about the same size. I'd way rather be buying 9mm than .380

:yuno: traded me my pf9+cash for that M&P? :fuuuu:

:megusta:

• 2 weeks later...

Sowe went tothe Chillicothe Gun Show Sunday at 2:00 not knowing it closed at 3:00. Dads goal ws to get a Bersa Thuner .380 in his hand to see if it felt asgood as the reviews it received.

About 45 minutes later he walked out with this.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=581&pictureid=5155

Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro. Bought used with 2 13 round mags and a fobus holster. Got a hell of a deal on it too. Took it home and fired about 80 rounds through it. Surprisingly smooth ad accurate for being a compact. Identical in size and function of my SR9c it seems.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice. Just for kicks, a family shot. :)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=581&pictureid=5156

So dad is looking for a pistol that's more easily concealed to carry. He has an FNP-9 and LOVES it, but a full sized gun is tough. He shot little bro's XD40 and didn't like it at all. Likes my SR9c but is having a tough time trying to decide to go compact, subcompact, etc. He has the FS, and is looking to go totally opposite I think. Here's a list of what we've looked at.

- Ruger LC9

- Ruger SR9c

- Ruger LCP

- Springfield XD

- S&W M&P

- Glock 26

- Glock 27

- Walther PPK

- Walther PK380

...and I think that's it. I know I'm forgetting a few. Anyway, his latest to research is a Bersa .380. Out of the list he likes the LC9 best, but today mentioned the Bersa and really wants to look into them.

Anyone carry one? Any experience?

G26 will be the next handgun I purchase.

G26 will be the next handgun I purchase.

I doubt I'll ever buy a Glock. I won't say never, or wouldn't, but I jsut wouldn't be surprised if I never get one. They're great, but I just don't seem to have that Glock bug that all Glock owners seem to have. 95% of G ppl I talk are Glock or nothing.

I doubt I'll ever buy a Glock. I won't say never, or wouldn't, but I jsut wouldn't be surprised if I never get one. They're great, but I just don't seem to have that Glock bug that all Glock owners seem to have. 95% of G ppl I talk are Glock or nothing.

Says the guy who mentions the SR9c in EVERY. SINGLE. POST. :gabe:

You can put me in the 5% then b/c I love me some 1911s as well