Tressel Resigns

Allblack02

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word is, that the espn article coming out tonight is going to crucify pryor and tressel. supposedly, pryor is unofficially off the team---just going off a source close to me that lives and breathes buckeye football, could be way off (hopefully). sucks to see tressel gone---with the talent the buckeyes recruit, we need a new coach fast, to save future recruits. we also need someone who doesn't say 'the punt is the most important play in football'. especially since our special teams sucked ass last year

Tressell was OSU's sacrificial lamb. Present him to the NCAA and hope it appeases the God Of Sanction. To their credit, it looks like they did everything they could to keep him, but he tied his rope when he tried to cover it up.

I liked Tressell, I may not have agreed with him all the time, but his record made that unimportant. I would love to see Meter, Gruden, or Dungy personally.

Here comes Urban Meyer

Funny thing is, one of my friends mentioned that earlier, lol. Although, Meyer is a good coach, it's still not going to be the same as Tressel being there.

Fickle is going to coach this year says ESPN.

I would've liked to see Jim Bollman (Offensive Coordinator) or Jim Heacock (Defensive Coordinator) as the "Interim Coach".

Tressell was OSU's sacrificial lamb. Present him to the NCAA and hope it appeases the God Of Sanction. To their credit, it looks like they did everything they could to keep him, but he tied his rope when he tried to cover it up.

I liked Tressell, I may not have agreed with him all the time, but his record made that unimportant. I would love to see Meter, Gruden, or Dungy personally.

It may not have even been a good idea for him to resign anyways, because they're beginning an investigation on Pryor not for all of this.

Pryor supposedly rolled up to the WHAC today in a 350z with temp tags less than a week old, got out and waved/smiled for the cameras. Looks like he's getting all the benefits he can before he's out at OSU.

And apparently the timing here is that Wexner pulled back on his support of Tressel on Friday. Didn't so much flip to supporting his being let go but he was a giant piece that was holding Tressel in place and him merely going neutral resulted in this.

And I'm all for Urban Meyer coming to Columbus next season or whenever. Yeah, he had a lot of players at Florida break the law. Who cares? The NCAA doesn't. If you do things that are perfectly legal like sell your own stuff, NCAA kills your program. Go around stealing dead people's ID's, shooting assault rifles, etc., etc.? Win 2 national titles and the NCAA never even sniffs you program.

Tressell was OSU's sacrificial lamb. To their credit, it looks like they did everything they could to keep him, but he tied his rope when he tried to cover it up.

OSU told Tressel not to report any of this probably in hopes it would all go away. Though this all stems from the players OSU is ultimately to blame for this turning into what it is and Tressel being forced out.

SI article was a joke and the fact that Dohrmann is trying to essentially take credit for getting Tressel let go is hilarious. The timing is nothing but a coincidence. This had everything to do with Wexner backing off his support and nothing to do with a media piece where all of the sources were either unnamed or in prison...lol. OMG JIM TRESSEL RIGGED A RAFFLE 20+ YEARS AGO! FIRE HEEEEEEM!

That's an old ass 350z. A 16 yo kid working at subway could afford that. Guys made it out to be something special.

It doest matter how does he afford it?No Job Oh Yeah Mommy and Daddy

Bengals and Browns would be lucky to have Tressel as their next coach.

Dungy would be awesome, but I've heard some where that he's willed into Penn st. after Paterno.

If I remember correctly, when Cooper got fired osu tried to talk to Gruden then and he said he want nothing to do with the college ball. Things may have changed since but I doubt osu will want to go down the same road.

Urban Myer did buy a house in UA not too long ago. He could be a possible candidate.

Dungy will not be the next coach at Penn State, that has already been discussed by Joe Pa and PSU, its one of his assistants that is taking over when he dies (he will die before retiring). The hot name is Urban Meyer and yes he wins games, but he got away with a ton of shit because he was in the NCAA and media's darling conference the SEC, with the shit that just happened here the eye will be even closer on tOSU. Plus I dont see Meyer wanting to take over the mess that will be left by the time the NCAA gets done.

I believe Gruden would take the job here today if offered. I don't have any real reason to believe that outside of gut feeling.

I read this on the scout forum regardding the SI article, it mentions John Simon and Storm Klein, here is what one posted posted:

"Storm has NO tats and Simon has the exact same number as when he came to OSU. That should tell you guys all you need to know. Didn't want that to be lost in the other thread...."

As for Pryor being off the team I have a hard time believing that. He is taking the biggest beating out of the Tat 5, which has me puzzled. The other 4 are looking like they will escape with their heads in tact, while Pryors is being taken off.