All Cleaned up and Ready to Race

TTQ B4U

Thanks to Andy for the insight and feedback on equipment and polishing pads.

This bad boy needed the thorough treatment extremely badly. Hell, I forgot it was a Mica Metallic Paint until today! I think maybe and a real stretch maybe to say it's been washed twice since I detailed it last April. :o

• Washed
  • Clayed
  • Swirls and Scratches removed with my dad's old Craftsman Orbital Polisher (Thanks Pop!)
  • Started with white polishing pad then moved to black.
  • Added Two coats of Zaino with the help of a buffer

Satin's Chariot is ready to race now. Coming to a school zone near you.

I took care of the inside last week and it's a good thing. One dead tired daddy typing this post.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/135150928/original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

Cleaned up the MS3 and the Fusion this week too. I'm really liking the color of the Ford. The Metallic flake really pops when it's cleaned up.

Fusion:

• Washed
  • Clayed
  • Lightly polished with white foam pad
  • Two coats of Zaino

MS3 was in great shape as I didn't drive it at all in the winter.

• Washed
  • Two coats of Zaino

No fancy pics or anything as I'm just too damn tired!

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/135151757/original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U
  • Upvote 1

I do really like the color of the ford.

I'm off work tomorrow and hoping to take her for some good pics. I doubt I'll get my favorite early morning light though so I may have to shoot them after dinner.

Ford did a really good job giving it a muscular look. Especially with the wheels. I think it looks way better than the Accord or Camry it's always compared too.

Something about you photographers, when you just take a normal pic, and your not even trying to make it look sweet, the pictures end up coming out sweet!

Thanks. These are straight jpegs from my 11 year old Sony Camera too. Only edits are cropping and slight exposure bumps in the shadows so that black in the van came out better. The dynamic range of P&S cameras, especially an 11 year old one aren't the best. It's still one of my favorites though. The second pic would be better if I didn't wait until the sun was pretty much down to take the photo.

Something about you photographers, when you just take a normal pic, and your not even trying to make it look sweet, the pictures end up coming out sweet!

Something about you ricers, when you just type out a post, and you're not even trying to make it fucking unbearable, the posts come out fucking unbearable!

• Upvote 1

Something about you ricers, when you just type out a post, and you're not even trying to make it fucking unbearable, the posts come out fucking unbearable!

Something about you gingers, when you make fun of a fag, and you're not even trying to sound like a cock gobbler, you sound like a cock gobbler!

cody post less and people will like you more.

I lied we won't like you more, just be less vocal in hating you.

• Upvote 1

Something about you gingers, when you make fun of a fag, and you're not even trying to sound like a cock gobbler, you sound like a cock gobbler!

haha you call me a fag when you let your annoying ass girl friend boss you the fuck around.

Any ways I love the color of that Fusion!

• Downvote 2

How like did it take the clay that? That much surface area, that had to have taken a while!

Clay didn't take long at all. The van has large panels so it's easy to do. The front of any vehicle sucks but even there, being black and a DD'er van helped as it doesn't have to be 100% perfect there.

What took the longest is buffing out the surface with on two levels then detailing it afterwards as black needs every joint/seem cleaned out afterwards.

Looking good Tim!

Thanks! Your insight on pads was spot on. I started off with just the black pad thinking it might work. No. Then used white with a little more scratch aggressive scratch remover and viola! Final polish took out about 90-95% of visible scratches. I'm happy.