Free to good home - Found APBT

kshymkiw83

I found this guy at Schiller Park in German Village while I was walking my Presa Canary with my wife today.

He is dog friendly, people friendly, and hasn't shown food aggression towards myself or my wife. We gave him a Bath and Flea and Tick Treatment, at about 3pm.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m161/kshymkiw/IMAG0006.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m161/kshymkiw/IMAG0005.jpg

If you are interested please call or text me 614-947-9455 I would like to see him go to a good home tonight if possible. If not I may need to relocate him into a shelter if possible. I have 3 dogs, and don't need another one.

est. age? weight? neutered? overall health?

I would guess Under 2 years, I would put money on close to 1. Weight, looks to be between 30-40 lbs. (although I could easily see his hip bones, so maybe less). He is a Male and NOT Neutered. Overall he seems to be a happy dog. I don't see any major cuts or scrapes. IT does appear he was biting his tail some (it is a bit red), and he has a mark next to one of his eyes (looks like a tooth mark).

He does get very attached very quickly. He just seems to want someone to love him and care for him

good point.

I considered taking him but given the circumstances (condition of coat, well behaved, good lookin) i'll bet he is somebodys pet. Any idea if he's potty-trained or not?

good point.

I considered taking him but given the circumstances (condition of coat, well behaved, good lookin) i'll bet he is somebodys pet. Any idea if he's potty-trained or not?

No idea. He wasn't crate trained, he hated going in it.

I have put up a craigslist ad and am putting up signs around the park. With how skinny he was, he was either not being fed at home, or had already been stray for a few days.

I'd take him down to the dog shelter and see if anyone had given a description of him as lost. I'd assume with no tags they probably won't look for him anyhow. I've had my dog picked up with no tags and it's a hefty fine.

I'd take him down to the dog shelter and see if anyone had given a description of him as lost. I'd assume with no tags they probably won't look for him anyhow. I've had my dog picked up with no tags and it's a hefty fine.

I submitted a report to the Franklin County Dog Shelter, with a description and my phone number right when I found him this afternoon around noon or so.

We haven't had any hits yet - Shelter, Craigslist, or Flyers

Before u have to take to the sheltor, lmk. I souldnt take him, but I may be able to foster for a while.

Franklin is a Kill Shelter for Pits, or anything that looks like a pit.

He WILL NOT be going to a shelter. I will keep him until I can find him a home....I just want that to be a quick process.

Franklin is a Kill Shelter for Pits, or anything that looks like a pit.

He WILL NOT be going to a shelter. I will keep him until I can find him a home....I just want that to be a quick process.

Im gonna talk to my house mates and see what they think. I will deffinitly have to make sure he gets along with my other pit.

Im gonna talk to my house mates and see what they think. I will deffinitly have to make sure he gets along with my other pit.

He gets along with my Female Presa. I haven't tried him with my 2 males Pit's. If you wana wait another 24-48 hours to see if someone claims him that is fine too. I have no problem holding onto him.

48 hours since we found this little guy - and no one has claimed him yet....in fact, we haven't received one single call.

I distributed some of my extra flyers to local Pet Shops around German Village. None of them recognize the dog, but all posted the flyer in their shop.

Bump this with an update:

Our flyers and everything paid off. The owners e-mailed me this morning, and then called me this evening. They basically admitted to letting him run loose. Their house is being foreclosed on and they couldn't afford to feed him, and they can't afford to keep him. They opened their back gate and let him run away. The dog roamed and ended up coming back home.

Once they found him again - they drove him up to Schiller Park, and pushed him out of the car and drove away.

I really wanted to punch this bitch and her boyfriend in the face for doing some shit like that. At any rate - the owners have handed over the dog to us (we told them if we gave the dog back to them, we were calling the humane society and filing animal cruelty reports). This guy needs a good stable home. If you or anyone you know is interested in this guy - please let me know. I would love to find him a permanent home by the end of this week.

did they give any good info? name/age/records/backround?

Name: Buddy

Records: Didn't ask....they sounded like they could never afford to have a dog to begin with. Not sure what kind of medical support they could give him. He is intact still so......

Background: They said "he was a handfull", which I have kinda seen. He just lacks obedience and discipline. He lived all his life with a Yorkie. He gets along good with Children, according to them. He has never bitten or showed any aggression towards people or another dog.

That is about all they told us.

If you can't keep him, I'm pretty sure tat Capital Area Humane Society is big in to finding breeds like Buddy's a home. They even have a training program for the adopters of the bully breeds. You may give them a call.