M1 Oil Deals.

Mr. Jones

we still have it at our wally world for $22 for 5 quarts. 11 quarts in my vette ftw.

Most of the time they didn't have the 0-40W Euro that we use... :no:

This..

0w40 isn't sold in the 5 quart containers, only by the quart for $7.99 :dumb:

Usually find a deal somewhere and stock up with 3-4 cases, but I'm about out.

I'm having awesome results with Shell Rotella T6 5w-40. M1 burns to easy.

Have 106K miles on the A4, which has lived it's entire life on 0W40 @ 5k changes. Car burns no oil between changes with me driving it like I want to blow it up.

:megusta:

Then again, it's not a Subaru...

:dumb:

All kinds of Subarus burn it, my wife's did and I switched to Shell and nothing burned still full. Even after the torture test of to Phoenix and back nothing lost. I drove from 12-15 hrs per day constant only stopping for gas and hotel for the night.

All kinds of Subarus burn it, my wife's did and I switched to Shell and nothing burned still full. Even after the torture test of to Phoenix and back nothing lost. I drove from 12-15 hrs per day constant only stopping for gas and hotel for the night.

Yup, Different oils for different cars.

Although a lot of how a car burns oil has to do with how it was broken in.

Sissy ass break in = higher oil consumption.

I'm having awesome results with Shell Rotella T6 5w-40. M1 burns to easy.

I know you're already having success with Rotella, but both rotella and M1 are cracked synthetics fyi, sure you already know that but...

Valvoline's Premium Blue Extreme is worth checking out, it's a true synthetic. I used to run in in my VR4 and my S4 when I used to get it for free and before switching to Redline, but I still run it in my Land Rover. Very good oil.

http://www.valvoline.com/products/commercial-industrial-products/oem-endorsed-products/11

I know you're already having success with Rotella, but both rotella and M1 are cracked synthetics fyi, sure you already know that but...

Valvoline's Premium Blue Extreme is worth checking out, it's a true synthetic. I used to run in in my VR4 and my S4 when I used to get it for free and before switching to Redline, but I still run it in my Land Rover. Very good oil.

http://www.valvoline.com/products/commercial-industrial-products/oem-endorsed-products/11

FYI, 0W40 is one of, if not the last Group IV oils in M1's standard lineup.

:masturboy:

FYI, 0W40 is one of, if not the last Group IV oils in M1's standard lineup.

:masturboy:

Interesting, I did not know that.

According to some guy on Bob is the oil guy:

Any 0W oil meeting MB 229.5 has to be mostly or all Group 4 rather than Group 3 due to volatility limit of 10% and it being a 0W oil. Source: an additive company.