Camaro Clutch Saftey Switch

Fubar231

Trying to tap a wire into the clutch pedal position switch (12v when clutch in) but i can't find a wiring diagram of a 2000 Camaro to find out which wire to tap into. I found one for a 2002 trans am but im not seeing the same color 4 wires that is on that diagram.

Does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram or which wire it is?

EDIT: I found this http://www.tafmotorsports.com/images/system.wiring.diagrams.pdf but i can't seem to find the wires im looking for.

EDIT 2: I think its on page 36/56 , the clutch pedal position switch at the bottom ( the pink wire ) , only problem is i can't find that wire for the life of me under the steering wheel. P.O. had a aftermarket alarm installed and now theres so many wires i don't know whats what.

Does anybody know where this switch/box/wire is?

Edited by Fubar231

or this one?

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/ND2RACE/dumb/Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry just got your message, I think you want to dark green wire here. I'd test it with a test light to be sure it lights up when the pedal is depressed.

I tapped into the grey wire and its giving me power to the 2step with the key over to acc, but when i turn it on nothing, and clutch down nothing.

Im going to try tapping into the blk/white wire (for ground) and running the 2step through a ground connection instead of 12v. That ground is only active when the clutch is pressed all the way in right?

Dont have a test light by the way, can i test it with a muiltimeter?

Also got this from ls1tech.

I got everything working. In the end the wire that needs to be used is the gray wire that is on the 4 wire harness. when the clutch is pressed in, it is 12V. (clutch pedal position switch) The two pin connector is only for start up and only sends voltage when the key is turned all the way in the ignition (starting)

Do you know if the dark green wire from the clutch pedal position switch is 12v or a ground? When i hooked it up to that i still got the light on the 2step to light up with the key on, but once i started it the light went away. Clutch down and no light/2 step.

Well GM service info is acting gay now so I can't look at a diagram, but I don't see why you couldn't tap into the gray or the brown/white wire. You can test it with a multimeter just ground one lead and check for voltage with the other lead. Not really sure about the ground wire on that switch.

I wasn't thinking about it being the starter cicuit so I guess the 2 pole switch might be dead without the key in the start position.