Any Armada owners?

nurkvinny

I've been back on the hunt for a 3rd row SUV (fullsize), and the newer Armadas keep coming up at the top of my list.

I've never owned a Datsun. :)

Has anyone driven in, ridden in, worked on, or owned a newer (let's say 2006+) Armada (or QX56)?

Thanks

Do yourself a favor... Buy a Yukon..

Edit: Yes I've driven both for more than your normal test drive.

Yukon and or XL are very high on the list. There are more 2000+ Tahoes and Yukons in the extended family to count, and everyone has had good luck (3 over 150k now).

It's the Armada's looks that keep pulling me in that direction.

MPG isn't a biggy for me since it won't be a DD and I also have the 2-wheeled, 60+mpg hoopty.

It's just that out of almost all brands, I know the least about Nissan.

I love my Denali (churched up Yukon). I know a guy on the team has an armada and seens to be kinda junky inside compaired to my car. Mine is 2010 but the model hasn't changed since 2007 I believe. Plus mine has the big motor in it (403hp) and awd.

Thanks for the post.

It clearly provides enough information to help him make a decision.

Thanks for the bitch, err I mean post. Sorry I didn't do a full write up. I've sold both and driven 500 plus miles in an Armada and owned an 04 Yukon. Yukon wins in comfort, reliability and build quality.

5.3>5.6

Yukon front seats with built in armrests (pre-2007) >Armada park benches

Armada second row seats>Yukon second row seats (barely... fuck the back seat passengers, they'll deal)

Better? :gabe:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/27/forbes-releases-2011-worst-cars-on-the-road-list/

Escalade and Tahoe Hybrid (cousins of the Yukon) proudly on display on the worst list, along with Nissan Titan (incest half brother of Armada).

I'd say screw all of it, get a Buick Roadmaster Estate.

Thanks for the bitch, err I mean post. Sorry I didn't do a full write up. I've sold both and driven 500 plus miles in an Armada and owned an 04 Yukon. Yukon wins in comfort, reliability and build quality.

5.3>5.6

Yukon front seats with built in armrests (pre-2007) >Armada park benches

Armada second row seats>Yukon second row seats (barely... fuck the back seat passengers, they'll deal)

Better? :gabe:

Much, thank you.

I too prefer the gm equivalent. Exterior styling on the armada didn't age well. The new gm subs are very good looking in all makes imo.

I know a guy who had an armada for a couple years and he loved it. Never had any complaints. Ive maintenanced a few and have never seen any real issues that I can recall. I think they are pretty nice rides all around, Id get one if thats the type of vehicle I was in the market for.

I have owned a QX 56 since 2004. It has been a great vehicle. If you have been inside one you will notice it has way more interior space than GM large SUV's especially the second a third rows. If you need more interior room the Nissan is the pick here. If that is not a priority go drive both and see which one you like.

the qx > armada.

Their nice but fuel mileage sucks. They drive out nice but im not really a fan. They sell very good (i try to buy everyone one i can at the sale), but personally I prefer the GMC denali over the armada.