302 help

pontiacfreak142

long story short, found out the motor in the mustang had a cylinder with low compression and needed new rings all the way around. tore motor apart, all new bearing in bottom end, had valve spring seats machine due to bad wear, new valve springs, all new piston rings. dad fired up the motor while i was at work. said it ran fine (in park) for a few minutes, made a quick ticking/tapping sound then the motor locked while he was messing with the timing i guess.

it wont turn over at all, even tried with a pry bar and wouldnt budge more than an inch at best. is the motor toast?

long story short, found out the motor in the mustang had a cylinder with low compression and needed new rings all the way around. tore motor apart, all new bearing in bottom end, had valve spring seats machine due to bad wear, new valve springs, all new piston rings. dad fired up the motor while i was at work. said it ran fine (in park) for a few minutes, made a quick ticking/tapping sound then the motor locked while he was messing with the timing i guess.

it wont turn over at all, even tried with a pry bar and wouldnt budge more than an inch at best. is the motor toast?

Droped valve? who did heads? Does'nt sound good.

That's what I was about to say....did something make its way into the cylinder like a washer or small screw/bolt. Reason I say this bc the same thing happened to me last year, had a small allen headed screw come loose on my fuel rail and I didn't see it fall into the head when I pulled the intake. Made a loud ticking sound and I couldn't turn it over by hand.