Support Jobs at Qualys - HQ (San Francisco)

Akula

So I was in the support area today and the Director asked me to tell some folks we have several openings. If you are young and willing to move to California, and have some technical skills, let me know. An understanding of IP, Security topics and basic functions in windows/unix, you might be a good candidate.

Its a support organization that works with our customers. We have support in the US and in England, this is for the US center. Customers call and ask questions, we answer them. Its based in Redwood Shores CA, next to San Francisco.

I don't know salary and all of that because its based on experience etc...

Here is the link

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=QUALYS&cws=7&rid=321

Here is the text

Technical Support Engineer

Qualys, the leading provider of Software as a Service (Saas) vulnerability management and policy compliance solutions, helps organizations of all sizes discover vulnerabilities, ensure regulatory compliance and prioritize remediation according to business risk - with no infrastructure to deploy or manage. QualysGuard, the company's flagship on demand service, conducts automated security audits and provides the quickest route to neutralize worms and other emerging threats. Distributed scanning capabilities and unprecedented scalability make QualysGuard the ideal choice for both SMB's and large, distributed organizations. eBay, Oracle, Cigna and McDonald’s are just a sample of our 250 Fortune 1000 and 3000 + customers.

Description

The Technical Support Team is responsible for managing prompt resolution to global customer and partner service requests in a highly secured environment. The primary function of this position is to ensure that each customer interaction is a friendly and professional experience that addresses the needs of the customer in all stages of the customer service lifecycle within Qualys. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) works closely with Customer Service, Engineering, Finance, Sales, Alliances and Operations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with all transactions. Customer relationship building and teamwork are key success criteria for this role.

Responsibilities

The TSE will provide support for vulnerability management, PCI, policy compliance, web application scanning, API, and Malware. We are looking for strong, passionate, and self-motivated technical individuals that have the desire and capability to think on their feet and work on complex problems. The Technical Support Engineer will provide email and phone technical support to our customers, will act as point of contact regarding technical issues, and will work closely with Engineering and QA teams to facilitate feedback.

Qualifications

The ideal candidate will have a strong networking background and have at least 4 years experience, understand how networking devices work in theory and in practice and can adapt quickly to any technical challenge. Possessing good Linux/Unix knowledge and with an interest in security, possibly a CISSP/CEH or equivalent qualification. An understanding of network services and how they work from a protocol/configuration level, especially web services such as Apache/IIS and web applications is an advantage as well as Windows AD administration.

This role would suit an individual who welcomes a challenging startup environment, enjoys providing world class support and is technically motivated.

• 4+ years of experience in a technical support role.
  • Unix/Linux experience.
  • In-depth TCPIP
  • LAN/WAN infrastructures
  • Common OS services
  • Routers/switches
  • Strong knowledge of current firewall, Intrusion Detection System Brands & technologies, and Vulnerability Network Scanners ( Nessus, nmap, Cybercop, ISS Internet Scanner).
  • Packet sniffers
  • Windows AD authentication and security
  • nmap and other network analysis tools
  • Knowledge of Samba/AD integration, CIFS, DNS, ACL, server/client configuration.
  • Previous API support and Regex knowledge is a plus.
  • Oracle and Microsoft SQL knowledge highly desirable.
  • Preferably the candidate would have some knowledge of major web server software (IIS, Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, WebLogic), UNIX/Windows web services, and diverse platforms and applications (Linux, Windows 2003/2008, Windows NT, Novell, Lotus Notes, Mac OS).
  • Strong customer orientation and possess an excellent work ethic.
  • Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Bachelor of Science, preferably with a major in Computer Science or another relevant field.

id apply but idk if i wanna live in san francisco.

Roomies?

I don't have 4 years networking experience, only networking experience I have is what I did in skhool. Tech support isn't really my thing either...

thanks for the input john bruh.

akula, what do you ballpark this job at for pay?

That's a tough one, I know the most senior TSE makes $115,000. Not sure what the most Junior one pays, I would say the range is probably 75 - 80k.

Most of the support dudes live in houses, a little from the city. If you are willing to commute a bit, you can have a nice place. The nice thing is there are loads of jobs here, Silicon Valley hired 30,000 people last month.