Putnam Park HPDE Track Day – Registration Open!

theweiser1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with the Holiday Inn express and got a group discount on a block of rooms. I contacted the Super 8 ( slightly cheaper rate) however their systems wer down and couldn't negotiate a rate. I will be following up with them on Monday and posting hotel information on our website. A few things to note if you stay in Cloverdale (closes city to the track) ... the days inn does not have a patrolled lot. The Holiday Inn express does. Every 30 min the lot is patrolled. This is something to keep in mind when booking a hotel in Cloverdale (its in the sticks :)). Especially if your trailering your vehicle. Also I have heard very bad things about the Days Inn in cloverdale from others.

Stay tuned and register if you haven't already :)

So we talk about these events.... who is going an what not.... lets see some hauler pics... those pics of your beast, trailer and your car. Heres one of my new (cheap) setup. Merc Moutaineer and trailer :)

http://media.torquedracingsolutions.com/Other/Haulers/i-hGKRvqJ/0/L/IMAG0245-L.jpg

Post them up, they might end up on our website!

Shawn

Hotel Information for Putnam Park September 9th posted.

http://events.torquedracingsolutions.com/events/guest-hotel-information/

They are pretty much fully up because of the other event that weekend. So if your planning on attending i suggest booking very soon.

Thanks,

Shawn

Check out the registration page to get registered and also for hotel discounts and phone numbers.

http://events.torquedracingsolutions.com/2011/08/03/putnam-park-hpde-track-day-registration-information/

The Kenny Brown event starts directly after our event on friday the hotels in the area are filling up. I have a block of 10 rooms at each of hotels listed on our website. Although basically you have two weeks before they let the rooms go. So if your going make sure you get registered and a room reserved ASAP. I'm also thinking a few press will be there early to cover the kenny brown event so i'm hopeful some of the guys will be attending our event as well.

Few more details and the track day schedule coming soon....

as much as I would like to go. I just won a free track event at Autobahn Country Club with NASA Midwest in a raffle this past weekend for use on sept17-18..it s non transferrable to other people, non-usable at other events so I have to use it (and want to)

i don t feel like doing consecutive weekend events :D

sorry guys....maybe Nelson for me :D

I'm out...:( Will be out of town for work. But keep us updated on the next Nelson Ledges one, I'd like to make that again.

I haven't officially announced it on the website but registration is open. Check out the event list on the right of the home page. I will create an official thread once it gets closer. www.torquedracing.com

Who's coming? They guys from Kenny Brown will be attending our event and they are having a professional camera crew shoot some of our event as well. Also Muscle Mustangs and fast fords and a few other media/press will also be at our event. Not to mention we have some really nice (non-Ford) cars registered.

Check them out:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/7B69DCCA-B296-8A5E-CCEA605F18D8948C

Hope to see you there!

Just registered! Just need to get back to cbus to find a place to install my wilwoods!

Damn, just saw the entry list! Some nice cars attending!

Let me know when your back in town. I might be able to help you install them.

Thanks again for registering. Here's the list so far:

2011 Ferrari 458 Italia

1997 BMW M3

1989 Porsche 944

2008 Dodge Viper ACR

2006 Ferrari 430 Challenge

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutio

2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X

1995 Ford Mustang GT

2000 Ford Mustang GT

2004 BMW M3

1989 Porsche 944 S2

Factory Five Mk III Roadster

2001 Porsche 996

2010 Nissan GT-R

2008 Porsche Cayman S

2009 Honda Civic Si

2004 Ford Mustang GT

2010 Dodge Viper ACR

Who else is coming? There will be camera crew filming some of our event since some of the instructors from Kenny Brown will be on track with B group. The camera crew guys to be at various turns through out the track. They are giving us (Torqued Racing) the raw HD video. If your in the video we will make sure you get a copy of your car on the track, free!

Also worth noting the 2010 Dodge Viper ACR is in group C with the new guys. I believe this is his first track day. Everyone is welcome. From high end cars to daily drivers, from first timer's to experienced drivers. There is a group for you.

If you haven't registered do so ASAP!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/7B69DCCA-B296-8A5E-CCEA605F18D8948C

See you there!

Hey Shawn, could you post up the primer and schedule on here at all? My phones browser can't make out the format from the email you sent out.

Sure.

http://torquedracingsolutions.com/blog/2011/09/07/putnam-park-event-schedule-and-primer/

The two links are pdf's

Would be nice to have a dry track, if not it's rain racing! Would be good for me as I havn't run one of these in the rain yet! Also though I'd prefer plenty of people there it will mean a lot of track time if not that many people show up m I know the Super 8 has plenty of vacancy so were good there.