to do..or not to do....

pontiacfreak142

ok so right now i have 11.5:1 speedpro hypereutectic pistons for my motor. well my neighbor just came over and said he had picked up a set of pistons for a build he was doing. He said his builder said they would not work for his motor, so he picked up another set according to his builder.

Come to find out, the pistons he has for sale are a set of Forged flat top arias pistons ($95 a piston and the ring set, which he also has is $106 bucks from arias) they are for a 383 stroker basically and he couldnt use them because he just has a 355. these are 10.6:1 compression which i like because i could run pump gas.

opinions? just an esimate i know, but any idea what the power differance might be between mine and these?

oh and these have never even been in a motor and are still in the original packages. he wants $200 for everything (worth over $900)

Arias > SpeedPro. Get rid of speed pro pistons even if it costs you money to do so.

Arias makes a wonderful products. They have been around for many many moons with a very good reputation. I actually met the owner of Arias back in october or so, very much an OG of the go fast world.

Guest Z Fag Jr.

The ability to run pump gas is a huge plus here. In addition the forged product is much stronger so if you plan to use any power adders long term it is a good choice. Aside from that it may have alittle more blow by on start up but they will seal up the clearances when they warm up much better.

Soooo I'd go forged personally.

There is a lot more that goes into a motor being pump gas friendly then the static compression.

I would go with the lower compression forged pistons if you havent had it balanced yet.