2005 Dodge Caravan

zeitgeist57

I am going to be getting a 2010 Odyssey. Looking to sell this great van for a "family guy" on CR. My parents were the second owners for most of its life, I am the third owner.

130k miles

3.3L V6, 4spd electronic automatic

Relatively base...green exterior, gray cloth interior. Normal stained carpet, scratches on plastic. I'd rate the interior 7 out of 10 and I'm being critical.

Exterior 7 out of 10 - leading edge of hood has rust bubbles under the paint, drivers' side door is dented but no paint breaks. Paint otherwise is in great condition.

K&N air filter! :)

Front suspension rebuilt with front brakes, struts and springs, tire rod ends, sway bar bushings... Over $800 in parts!!! Runs great.

BAD:

-Dent in door and rust as mentioned

-BCM (body control module) goes on the fritz...no power door locks, windows won't go up or down. Unplug battery and wait 15 min, reconnect battery and everything works fine.

-oil leaks, radiator cracked...I've had this for 3 years and I've just kept filling with distilled water and coolant. Oil is never bad enough to fill between 3k mile oil changes.

-rear brakes need to be serviced, front tires are low on tread.

-tranny doesn't have Dodge fluid, shudders around 35mph. Great at lower speeds, or on the highway. I just shift it into "3" around town and "D" above 50mph...smooth and no shudder.

ALL THIS BEING SAID, I wouldn't hesitate to drive this thing 1000miles. A/C works great, heat is great in winter. cruise control is great, stereo is great. Has built-in kid seats in middle row. Quintessential daddy/mommy van...decently reliable, cheap parts, beat it to crap every day and it will ask for more.

Pics to come. $4500 obo.