2001 camaro z28 m6 turbo build!

Mattsv8

Ok guess its time to start a build thread for the turbo setup. I'm looking to make 750whp keeping the ac and all my driveability. I'm looking for a cam from different places want one with specs similar to a ls6 w 1.8 rockers so about a 4 to 5 deg dur jump and 580s lift. Should put the powerband in the range id need for good low end and midrange. Over the winter car will get t56 mods proably a mcloyd street dual disk clutch carbon fiber syncros billett keys and steel 3 4 shift fork. Spohn top gun driveshaft and moser 9" 3.50 grs and spool 35 spline axels. Don't know wich but will have adj tqq arm lower control arms and spohn panhard bar. Proably some sort of coilovers front and rear. At 750 wheel id like it to run 9s using my 28x12.5 et streets. So what kid of pics should I include in this build thread? What would u like to see?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why 1.8 rr's? Take it from me, they cause nothing but headaches. I'd use stockers with the comp trunion upgrade if anything. IMO of course...

In for hot/cold piping pics!

oh I'd also like to see you go fast on a smaller tire instead of those steam rollers you using. 8" mofo or go home.:burn:

U know outside of yenkin I like to build cars. Got the 8 sec s10 . The blazer has the 9.90 nos motor so it should run 10s. The camaro should easaly fill the 9s. And the 89 if nobody buys it and forces me to do twin 76s will filll the 7s. Then after that who knows maybe ill build a street rod.

U know outside of yenkin I like to build cars. Got the 8 sec s10 . The blazer has the 9.90 nos motor so it should run 10s. The camaro should easaly fill the 9s. And the 89 if nobody buys it and forces me to do twin 76s will filll the 7s. Then after that who knows maybe ill build a street rod.

:fuckyeah:

Why 1.8 rr's? Take it from me, they cause nothing but headaches. I'd use stockers with the comp trunion upgrade if anything.

I don't wana use 1.8s but I want a cam about the size of a ls6 w 1.8s. So like a 1.7 rocker and a camm with 221 228 and 585 lift. 115 or 116 lc. A good street cam that could keep the mileage and give great low end ~ midrange.! I just lowered the car sat drives a lot better and looks a ton better.

Why is thative never once had tech look at the s10 fot any tranny safety devices hell its supposed to have a blanket and dont

If you want to be like Lt. Dan and have no legs, that is your choice. There was a video post here a while back of an F-Body that had a clutch failure and parts of the clutch came through the tunnel, into the dash, out the hood, and tore a chunk off the block.

You are lucky with the S-10, a good tech person will catch that stuff. Try to run at a top level track like Norwalk or Milan and they will send you home.

subscribed-

in for pics of "blanket?" to prevent Lt. Dan outcome.

Blankets are to keep stuff off the track, or keep stuff from flying off. You will see them under motors or transmissions to keep fluid off the track. You will also see them on superchargers to keep them from becoming projectiles.

To prevent the Lt Dan. outcome you need an SFI approved scattershield or bellhousing. My dad had to add one to the powerglide on his Monza to make it legal for this year.

I thought this car was going to be a nice DD. HAHAHAHA. Speed Inc has some nice turbo cams you should look at. Their TU1 cam make over 700 RWHP in a stock cube motor.

CamDurationLiftLSAint.exh.int.exh.

TU0 216 216 .561.561 114

TU1 225 225 .581.581 113

TU2 236 236 .587.587 112.5

TU3 240 240 .588.588 112

Personally, I would run two walbros.

You might want to look at Nasty Fuel system as a basic starting point for fuel systems.

http://www.nastyperformance.com/FuelSystems.html

that tu1 is bad ass I wonder if it can be hadwith a 115 instead of 113. That's the right dur and lift I'm looking for. The s10 has a ultrabell stock gm bellhousings suck. Camaro will likley get a steel sfi bell when I beef up the t56 for boost launches.

It is gona b a nice daily driver its just gona b a little less boring and able to smoke just about street car id run into!

id like a cam with the tu2s lift and the t1s durr and a 114. that would be a killer cam

the nasty kit for 700 whp is a single 340? man if i just decided to run less power. naaa

what do you want for the racetronic pump and wire kit? i could add a 340 to it

Edited by nurkvinny

• 2 weeks later...
the nasty kit for 700 whp is a single 340? man if i just decided to run less power. naaa

what do you want for the racetronic pump and wire kit? i could add a 340 to it

The only differenece is the harness inside the sending unit. Here a link to a thread on S10 forum that shows the build process and has p/n's. Hope this helps:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f11/in-tank-aeromotive-340-fuel-pump-install-how-im-doing-it-465536/