2001 camaro z28 m6 turbo build!

Mattsv8

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What size injectors are you going to run?

I am at 90% duty cycle with my 80's at 50 psi and a 11.0 A/F. I am going to try to add a pound of boost with the 3inch exhaust which means I better up my fuel pressure.

I assume you are going to do a 3bar SD tune? What kind of boost are you going to run?

• 2 weeks later...
im looking for someone intersted in test fitting the first truck mani kit once its complete, would require a car with a stock k member or maybe a spohn or bmr k member. the kit is built with the stock k member and spohn tubular mts for room for dp. chad said he would make someone a great deal on the kit if they can test fit the kit so i can get started on the ac kit for my car. if intersted either pm me or chad. he also has the spohn 145 dollar mts wich would go with the kit for the one who mocks it up i believe. would be in about 1 mth.

• 4 weeks later...

ok got all the crossover done, lower intercooler pipe finished, upper intercooler pipe finished, going to get the piping for the dp to stock exh tomorrow, then truck mani kit is done outside of one 90 for the wg mount.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pics comming soon

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2001%20camaro%20z28%20turbo%20project/1318373819133.jpg

upper ic pipe

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2001%20camaro%20z28%20turbo%20project/1318369509629.jpg

lower ic pipe

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2001%20camaro%20z28%20turbo%20project/1318369526425.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2001%20camaro%20z28%20turbo%20project/2011-10-11185658.jpg

crossover rough in.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2001%20camaro%20z28%20turbo%20project/2011-09-28185529.jpg

wg will go in at a angle and have a more direct feed than most other truck mani kits on the market. plus this one keeps rad stock and stock sway bar or aftermarket should fit no issues.

all thats left is some more tacks on the parts, and make the dp. hope to be done with this by fri so sat and sun i can work on the ac kit and the new kmember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the downpipe will go all the way back to the stock exh or any aftermarket 3" system, im just pulling off the stock y and planning on using my stock exh and a dump for track times.!!!! sneeky sneeky

I'm deff not shooting for the record wich is a high 8. But I think a high 9 is doable and still be streetable

a cincy t56 car just went 8.85@153 this weekend.

i was talking about just getting in the 9s with a turbo and t56. hopfully you can. there are only 2 in the 9s on ls1techs fastest m6 list but that dont mean there aint more that have done it. just a challenge and most give up and go auto.

i got mine to go a 9.77@143 this weekend but thats with nitrous. are you gonna do a sprayer setup on the trans to help it live?

a cincy t56 car just went 8.85@153 this weekend.

i was talking about just getting in the 9s with a turbo and t56. hopfully you can. there are only 2 in the 9s on ls1techs fastest m6 list but that dont mean there aint more that have done it. just a challenge and most give up and go auto.

i got mine to go a 9.77@143 this weekend but thats with nitrous. are you gonna do a sprayer setup on the trans to help it live?

Thats crazy, snatchin the wheels in 2nd.

• 1 month later...

I have everything finished up for you now and the car is back on the ground. Finished up the downpipe back for the truck manifold setup and was able to keep the stock motor mounts in place. So Im pretty sure guys will like that and solid mounts will help with clearance but I dont thing there will be any contact the way we have it ran.

I pulled all that back off and Matt stopped out at the shop and swapped the kmember for me and re-installed the a/c. I mocked up the complete a/c kit and will have both put into production and get some sample kits done to test with and go from there. Both of the kits turned out really nice and I think its going to be fun getting into the GM market as well.

Now its a waiting game and cant wait to see what this car makes in the coming months

Spring will be fun. Should have the 370" motor with my hand ported heads ready early spring. Gona dyno with stock motor stock fs and map tune then stock motor with 317 heads then proably swap to the 370" and shoot for my power goal of 700 750whp

Matt, Im curious since the ls market is fairly new to me, how many of the forced induction guys ditch the maf and go with a map?

As for the kits, they are going to come with manifolds, y pipe to turbo, full downpipe(back to the catback), all oil feed/drain parts for the turbo, turbo, vbands/lapbands, intercooler, all intercooler tubing, couplers, tbolts, blow off valve, wastegate, dump tube, and hardware. Im sure Im forgetting some stuff but it will really be a nicely packaged system and best bang for the buck out there. We are really early on in the process as its just finished even mocking up the stuff. I am just planning on being able to start seeing turbo ls1's by springtime rocking out our systems