2001 camaro z28 m6 turbo build!

Mattsv8

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good, I will let you know. Here is a pre-production 67mm compressor wheel and doing the same for the 76mm turbo as well. Only doing a very small production of them but should be pretty popular(I hope)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/pwheel.jpg

Chad I believe every build I've ever seen delets the maf and most heads cam cars do as well. The sd tune is very popular I don't see anyone complaining about ditching the maf

Both Eric (Performance Theory) and myself like this maf option for turbo blow thru applications. Maf technology has come a long way and will work as well as a SD tune. I believe the 97mm maf is capable of 1600 hp.

Do they really make a maf for the LS1 stock PCM's that will read high enough?

The three bar HPT with GM 3 bar map is cost effective and got me into the bottom 8's

I guess if we are only talking 5-600 RWHP then the MAF would work OK.

I know the MAF sensors have come a long way, I also believe by design it is a superior concept. I dont know anybody that is using it in high HP aplications and wonder what aftermarket ECU supports high maf flow readings and high boost calculations?

Do they really make a maf for the LS1 stock PCM's that will read high enough?

The three bar HPT with GM 3 bar map is cost effective and got me into the bottom 8's

I guess if we are only talking 5-600 RWHP then the MAF would work OK.

I know the MAF sensors have come a long way, I also believe by design it is a superior concept. I dont know anybody that is using it in high HP aplications and wonder what aftermarket ECU supports high maf flow readings and high boost calculations?

x2.... everything I have seen with big numbers 750+ goes SD. For me I didnt even think about a MAF

x2.... everything I have seen with big numbers 750+ goes SD. For me I didnt even think about a MAF

i'm not debating big numbers, but matt said

Chad I believe every build I've ever seen delets the maf and most heads cam cars do as well. The sd tune is very popular I don't see anyone complaining about ditching the maf

That is very misleading. MANY heads/cam guys still run the maf on an LS1.

being as im tunning the car and cutting my teeth on the hp tunners setup. i want sd. no need at all for a maf on this setup. shure it is a great setup but also no way to package the ic pipe and make it look good at all. anyone wana find a pic of a 4th gen turbo kit with MAF. the look is important too!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/2001%20camaro%20z28%20turbo%20project/2011-10-11185658-1.jpg

where in this setup would u put the maf and still get the 90 with enuf room for a bead to make the clamp hold. this kit keeps the ac so the rad is tilted down more than a kit that stands the rad upright without ac. its ment to be a bolt on and look good!

• 4 weeks later...

Matt, the custom v-banded manifold is having tooling done as we speak and is a go. I know that was my only slight worry but we are good and its in the works. Pretty pumped up and going to be a trick piece to make the kit different from others.

Also we have the new 340lph pump here in 340 and 342 versions, not sure if you wanted to swap that 255 out I gave you for it. Going to support more power and might be a better idea

yes id deff swap to it. I've seen some say 700whp with it and id like to see. Where it starts to fall off. Got a boost controller from dan and a rear cover from ls1 tech all I need. Accy wise now is a oil pan and I can keep my stock motor complete and drop the 370 in late spring hopefully! That v band mani will be awsome finally a ac kit without the 2 bolt design and no leaks. When do u wana swap pumps. Ill have steves 2 bar map soon. And I need to see about getting some 80lb inj I could do 60s but id deff need 80s with the new motor. Looking for good deals on dual disk clutches. Gona be fun

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to post a little photo for you matt, hotside is ready for the non-ac setup. Ic tubing should be ready next week and then if you have someone lined up for that setup or else I know Anthony expressed interest potentially in the setup.

I know we have had doubts on people thinking we could do a bolt on system for the ls platform and stay below $2000 and its being done as we speak. Can't wait to get involved with this market and hopefully continue doing more and more. I like the 1500 truck platform too, I think we might go in that direction in the near future as well

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/photo-10.jpg

cant wait for the ac kit. if you can get the mani first i could at least bolt the truck mani and the custom c6 mani up and have that ready for the kit. still debating on droping in the 370 right away or boosting the stocker. i may just run the stocker for a season and see what i can work with it.

Just wanted to post a little photo for you matt, hotside is ready for the non-ac setup. Ic tubing should be ready next week and then if you have someone lined up for that setup or else I know Anthony expressed interest potentially in the setup.

I know we have had doubts on people thinking we could do a bolt on system for the ls platform and stay below $2000 and its being done as we speak. Can't wait to get involved with this market and hopefully continue doing more and more. I like the 1500 truck platform too, I think we might go in that direction in the near future as well

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/photo-10.jpg

So, what are the details on this kit? Any installed pics? Is this using the truck manifolds or do you have to use something else?

I am trying to decide what route I go with my own build so any details might net you a sale.

Yes we have 2 ls1 kits we did, one being a truck manifold kit which will lose the a/c on the vehicle. Then we swapped kmembers on Matt's car to the BMR turbo k and I mocked up a setup to keep a/c. We made a custom cast manifold for that particular kit which is holding that kit up currently. Its close though and should be releasing all of them at the same time

I dont have photos of the prototype setup on a car yet, we just had the parts ready yesterday to be installed on a car. It will be nice with our kit as it will come with the manifolds and all, we wont leave you having to get manifolds, turbo, ic parts, oil stuff, etc. We will have everything in the kit

There was a guy on ls1 tech that designed an alternator bracket and sent me the drawling and said he wasn't going to produce them. So basically has sent it out to people that wanted to make the relocation for the truck manifold kits. Just got that machined out as well

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC05206.jpg