Project Turbo Busa

dover

Cylinder #4 piston seized. As far as why, don't really know. Rings were fine, no issue with the tune, and there was no detonation.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/26ff90e1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/6f1688dd.jpg

Bike ran very solid when I was on it. Never made it to a real track. But out on the street spinning giving another 08 busa the break, I came around him at around 1/8 mile like he was standing still.

Bike's #'s are low key.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that. Like I said when I started this WHOLE idea of turbo'ing the bike! We knew we would be on borrowed time, especially knowing how hard the bike has been ridden for the 7,000 miles prior to the kit. I'm coming out to the mile and going 204.568 mph :)

i thought gen1's were the questionable ones, and you should look for post 04 models? secondly not to derail the thread, but these seem like they would almost make a great sport touring bike. thoughts? i want a new bike but i think i need 2 really to suit my needs, a sport and a cruiser. i think this could accomplish both, id like the ability to carry a passenger too.

carry on. curious to see what you do to the motor now dover.

I'm coming out to the mile and going 204.568 mph :)

Come on out... ;)

On Gen 1's I have seen stock motors live for a while in the 300whp area. Not super hip to Gen2's though...

Stage-1 on pump gas? Even with C16, you need to drop compression...

Gen-II has lighter valve springs, titanium valves, and higher compression so you need to swap them out when you drop compression. The rods are the weak link over 300whp+ and some say pistons should be changed 350+ bust most do them while it's apart...

i thought gen1's were the questionable ones, and you should look for post 04 models? secondly not to derail the thread, but these seem like they would almost make a great sport touring bike. thoughts? i want a new bike but i think i need 2 really to suit my needs, a sport and a cruiser. i think this could accomplish both, id like the ability to carry a passenger too.

carry on. curious to see what you do to the motor now dover.

They are great all around bikes. You really can't go wrong with any of them, no real issues. 03+ had most of the updates though they were minor if you are looking for one...

Difference between the Gen2 and the Gen1 is a 2mm stroke and the Gen2 jugs have reliefs cut (i.e. making them what some would say weaker).

Don't forget 8-injectors also so you don't need a piggyback setup. Plus, you can do about anything with the ECU now so less additional electronics to buy. Better brakes, radiator w/two fans, tranny upgrades, etc...

Come on out... ;)

Don't forget 8-injectors also so you don't need a piggyback setup. Plus, you can do about anything with the ECU now so less additional electronics to buy. Better brakes, radiator w/two fans, tranny upgrades, etc...

Definitely will be :p

And yeah there are plenty beneficial differences between the two I was just referring to the motor. If I decide to buy another street bike it'll be an 07+ 1K