Sleep Apnea mouthguards

stealthmonkey

I thought Mouth Guards prevented snoring?

Sleep Apnea is where you actually stop breathing for 10-30 seconds multiple times a night. The CPAP machine helps you breathe by preventing your airway from collapsing. I don't know how a mouth guard is going to prevent the muscles on your airway from collapsing.

Try losing wait fatty? :dumb:

I have already lost 40 lbs. in the last 3 months, so fuck you too .

PM mitch or killjoy on here. They also have similar problems that you described and have certain mouth applications that might work for you. Hope that helps.

Thanks! will do!

Try losing wait fatty? :dumb:

Like as in, get faster? What does that have to do with his sleeping, dumbass?:dumb:

Yeah Brian, like 2 or 3 years ago.

Geoff, get the effing cpap. It isn't hard to sleep with it, and trust me, it will make an amazing difference in your energy levels throughout the day. I cannot stress to you what a game changer it is, for real. Losing W-E-I-G-H-T (spelled slowly, for the retards) should ultimately be your goal, but in the meantime, don't risk your overall health, dude.

Geof, I was diagnosed with 'the apnea' a few yrs ago. I went to the study thinking it would be a joke, but the reality was that I was tired all the time. Meetings. Driving. Anything. I stopped breathing 2 times a minute during my study.

This stuff leads to strokes and heart attacks, right when I started on my CPAP someone I knew had a stroke at 50 attributed to sleep apnea.

With that said, they mentioned loosing weight might help but I have such a big neck it probably wouldn't help. Said they can do surgery but even then thats not guaranteed. The CPAP is a pain but I take it with me everywhere, even camping (I take a car battery and inverter). I feel great now. I got a nice small and quiet machine that fits in my carry on when I travel. No big deal.

Its really hard to get use to, you just have to really push yourself. I spend about 6 months trying to sleep with it every night until I actually slept with it a full night ( I would keep removing the mask in the middle of the night).

I looked into the mouth guards and they don't seem to work for everyone. I figured it was a gimmick.

If you have any questions just let me know.

i will be happy to put something in and or around your mouth/throat while you are sleeping

How about you man the fuck up, take some responsibility for yourself and your family and take the medicine. you know the risks, youve been diagnosed so do something about it... or become a statistic.

Why did you bother wasting time at a sleep study if you arnt even going to listen to their advice. for fuck sake, people like you piss me off. Im sure they are just guessing at a cure and really have no idea what they're doing.

God damn i hate white people

For reference here is the machine I rock. You can get the optional humidifier but I don't use it. I actually almost 'drown' with it! lol. I got a column of water that built up in the hose one cold night I left the windows open and when I rolled over I inhaled water. Not fun.

http://www.cpap.com/cpap-machine/resmed-s8-escape-II-cpap-machine.html

yeah thats him, he was a good guy and a good friend of mine, i know he did not always come off real well on here. He was an only child, but i think i know the girl you are talking about. The grew up together, she is kind of a skank though.

sorry not trying to hijack thread.

i will be happy to put something in and or around your mouth/throat while you are sleeping

How about you man the fuck up, take some responsibility for yourself and your family and take the medicine. you know the risks, youve been diagnosed so do something about it... or become a statistic.

Why did you bother wasting time at a sleep study if you arnt even going to listen to their advice. for fuck sake, people like you piss me off. Im sure they are just guessing at a cure and really have no idea what they're doing.

God damn i hate white people

Just so you know Mr preachy C-paps don't help a large percentage of people that get them. I for example have one and it did not help the apena and also woke me up most nights bothering me. The mouth guard helps allot of people I am told so he is still on a path to help himself.

Also Geoff you are 32 before you go to far you might want to get your T count tested as it will cause sleep issues and also fatigue separate from no sleep. Alot of men are diagnosed needing a apnea machine that don't need it as much a T replacement (What I am dealing with atm)

Just so you know Mr preachy C-paps don't help a large percentage of people that get them. I for example have one and it did not help the apena and also woke me up most nights bothering me. The mouth guard helps allot of people I am told so he is still on a path to help himself.

How does it not work? I have never heard of this. Not calling you out.....just curious. can't they just up the pressure? hook you up to shop air?

how does what work? the mouth gaurd? if yes they do nothing with air they have a upper and lower mouth peice and the bottom one has a metal hoof the hook to the top but in a way that it keeps your lower jaw pulled forward

I meant....how does the CPAP not work.