1995 toyota camry problem

im faster

okay.. my fiancees best friend has a 95 camry...

yesterday it died and wouldnt start.. after a short time it started again.

she made it to pepboys when it died. they said its probably the fuel pump. she went to leave to bring it to me only a mile away.. and it died before she made it out of the parking lot.

a few hours later i went to go get it and it wouldnt start.

i went this morning to check and it started and drove home with out stalling..

So, i thought if a fuel pump goes bad its bad. None of this intermediately working crap.

Is correct? or am i wrong.

and any other ideas what might cause this?

Or if you have a fuel pressure tester you can hook it up to see what its at now.. probably 30's if its weak and going out..

And when it wont start it will be at zero..

Not too many things go wrong on those cars.. so it sounds either electrical or fuel pump..

So, i thought if a fuel pump goes bad its bad. None of this intermediately working crap.

Is correct? or am i wrong.

wrong.

They can fail all at once, or fail over the course of weeks. When mine went out it kept randomly stalling on me over the course of 3-5 days, then it quit for good.

Did you inspect the fuel pump wiring harness/connector for corrosion or burnt ends?

Yep everything in the fuel pump area look great..

for the egr i know this is common for Diesels but how would it help this car? (serious questoin)

I just saw it on a '99 Camry so it may be worth a shot. This one showed no other symptoms apart from an intermittent stall.

Nasty problem then, I do know they will shut off if anything is wrong with the sensors along the air intake system. Have you put it on a computer to see if there are any codes or "pending codes." If you have an ODB-II reader it might be time to drive the car with it logging while it happens. That would be my only way of figuring it out besides just guessing and playing part swap.