Pontiac G6 owners?

dover

Anyone ever owned one? My girlfriend is looking at an 06 or 07 with 40-50k miles. We are just trying to see if there are some known issues or what we should look for. Any information would be great. Thanks guys.

Derek (turborust) says they're one of the worst cars ever made. My boss has one and doesn't mind it, but I know his has been in the shop a few times in the past year.. Sorry for the vagueness but I would look at something else.

They're basic transportation, throw away cars. Stay away from the ones with the multi-piece glass roofs, back when I worked at a GM dealership they came in constantly due to leaks and wind noise. GM's answer was to use washers to shim it wherever needed, which usually made it worse and the car would come back a week later.

a lady at my gym has one and loves, it, i havent heard of her talking that it has had any problems. She recently go a new Cadillac cts awd, and prefers the g6, says it fits her like a glove and loves throwing it around curves, mind you she is in her 50's

They're basic transportation, throw away cars. Stay away from the ones with the multi-piece glass roofs, back when I worked at a GM dealership they came in constantly due to leaks and wind noise. GM's answer was to use washers to shim it wherever needed, which usually made it worse and the car would come back a week later.

dont do it

tie rods

ball joints

struts

shocks

brake eaters

intermediate shaft

money pits

I know you said that you've gone a different direction, but I have to agree. I'm working on one of these POS right now.

Just bought it lol thanks

Cool, race?

wow those with the sunroof issue must not know how to fix them. The glass gets loose and you replace the pins with part number 11610765 and there is a plastic retainers if it is leaking along with new seal strips for each glass. After that never had a single problem with the glass.

but yes they overall suck. I would rather have a cobalt

I know you said that you've gone a different direction, but I have to agree. I'm working on one of these POS right now.

Cool, race?

Give me a couple weeks need to get past my two week bad luck with cars bwhahaha :gabe:

wow those with the sunroof issue must not know how to fix them. The glass gets loose and you replace the pins with part number 11610765 and there is a plastic retainers if it is leaking along with new seal strips for each glass. After that never had a single problem with the glass.

but yes they overall suck. I would rather have a cobalt

well i guess they had to replace the headliner and a ton of other stuff as well due to the water