To dig or to roll???

phil

Having done both, roll racing when I was younger and had a slower car, it's easy to see which one is more difficult. Drag racing has too many factors rolled into it to be considered easier. Going out on weekends and staying out running around on the freeway was a hell of a lot of fun and we did a lot of things that I wouldn't consider now. I won more races than I can count due to better shifting. It still takes skill to hit gears, but traction wasn't an issue then.

If I took my car out now on a cooler night it would be interesting to try and get traction at certain speeds, so that plays into it. It all depends on how well you know your car and how well you can get it to "work".

I'd rather drag race now, because I don't need all of the headaches associated with the possible consequences of running one off on whatever road it happens to be.

The thing that has always had me scratching my head is why everyone went from the "quiet" parts of the freeway to one of the busier parts of it. We usually didn't see a car for miles when we would go out. The areas that were used later were much busier. Of course that was going to get shut down. Still shaking my head on that one.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracket Racing is an animal all its own. It takes a huge amount of seat time to be slow over and over again. I mean consistent. Although watching Phil try to repeat a run 5 or 6 times would be entertaining.

Truth!! My dad made the final 4 in his class last night only to get beat out by a car that runs 18.2 all day long. I am not a fan of bracket racing, but I am a fan of heads up dig racing. I'm not saying roll racing isn't fun, just saying that it'd be nice to see more people out at the track. BTW I lied there was 3 of us from CR, Forrest Gump, Pontiac Freak and myself. Some of the manual cars out there are deadly consistant even when running low 10s high 9s

Sorry scooter, just wasn't trying to turn this into a janky bash feat. We have enough of those threads. I was trying to bring up a racing topic that everyone could relate to.

Paul you are a bench racer, either get your car back out and get your manhood back out or stop living in the past. You arnt jp

whats my car have to do anything? Ive still got other stuff to race... i told you i would race when we went to lunch....

Truth!! My dad made the final 4 in his class last night only to get beat out by a car that runs 18.2 all day long. I am not a fan of bracket racing, but I am a fan of heads up dig racing. I'm not saying roll racing isn't fun, just saying that it'd be nice to see more people out at the track. BTW I lied there was 3 of us from CR, Forrest Gump, Pontiac Freak and myself. Some of the manual cars out there are deadly consistant even when running low 10s high 9s

18.2? Isn't there a cap on how slow they can run?

This thread makes me lol seeing as phil cant even launch my 13 second car. Come out trails and try bracket racing some time phil, ill even pay for you entrance fee and gas. Bet you cant make it one round unless some one red lights against you...

Your an idiot, I told you I wasn't trying to beat on your car. Funny part about that is I ran .01 slower than you best pass all day , and I cut two .02 lights. Yeah I can't launch a car :rolleyes: Gary have you ever beat me? Answer is no, my camaro was more dialed in with 6 passes on 2 different set ups than your pos v6 has been in the 3-4 years you've had it. Funny I can't drive last time I was at the track in the mullet machine it ran three 12.5s. The time before it was 13.1 2x and 12.9 once. I'd say I can manage a slow car just fine. Your car will still be running 14.s next year, let me know how that feels.

And you still owe me dinner from when my non driving ass beat you atthe track.

Ok so a dumbass with balls doing 180 gets himself killed. But let rob, or Jp, or sam do 160 on the shitty freeway and they are great drivers. So how can that be a true statement? Controlling a car at that speed is harder than launching a car to me. Now let's take out the argument of marks/ rays/ and matts car, because Most of this board has a car that can do 150 plus with enough space

is it really a race, if you need all this "space" to get to 150?

Not really different from a dig when you have an automatic either. Whether you wait for the honk or the light, you just floor it. Having an automatic in a roll race sucks, punch it, then wait for it to downshift :lolguy:

I used to push my foot so hard into the floor.. because thats all I could really do. If I had Spilners setup I would have popped out my diamond plate.

Roll racing is alot better when you have fwd. Perfect example

That honda is a half ton lighter. No shit itll walk away. See the last race him brake boosting and the rotors were glowing? :no: