WOW cable should change their name!

Mattsv8

To WOW this fn sucks. Yea u have to have these new digital boxes for a cable channel to work and oh we forgot to mention ud get better reception and service with bunny ears. Good lord its like trying to watch a skipping cd with no skip buffers I men the voices don't match the person constant static and ppicture cutting in and out and they want us to pay extra for the waaaayyyyy worse service swearr to got satelite has to b better closest to bunny ears. I'm gona install a digita penis box so it can cut out and skip as mutch as the fancy wow digital cable.

#1: Didn't you tell me you used to be a cable installer (contractor). Obvisously not a very good one

#2: You don't have to have a DTA (digital terminal adapter - which is NOT a WOW digital box). If you TV was made in the last few years, it should already have a Clear QAM tuner in it = don't need a DTA

#3: WOW is still broadcasting 13 analog channels, meaning any old TV will pick those up

#4: Instead of bitching about it, why not set up a service call for your digital breakup issue? Could be wiring in your home (likely), squirrels could have chewed your drop, or some other issue.

#5: You don't think there was a reason for the switch over? Perhaps the doubling of the HD lineup? Other things to come THIS YEAR??!!

Yes, wow cable sucks. Check to see what else is offered in your area, unfortunatley due to the digital change everyone requires either a digital box of some sort. My parents have the same issue with wow and refuse to change.

This is from the former Insight door-to-door salesman. Where are all of Insight's JD Power and Associates Awards?

u-verse

/thread

That ultra reliable U-verse, lol. And that is a product you HAVE to have a box on every TV, no matter if you have a Clear QAM tuner or not.

matt, you drive a purple s10. catching your golden girls re-runs should be the least of your issues.

and my purple s10 is still faster than anything you will drive and build in your entire life. ouch looks like teletubies for u

yes i used to install for wow and it sucked ass when i quit making 7bucks a hr as a contractor cause all the shitty work we got i droped all my tools and said fuck this.

they call it piece work being you get paid peices. u work with the contractors u know they

dont get paid shit for cable installers. i made 20 hr at nationwide doing their voice and ip.

and im never home except to sleep so im not the main one complaining about it its the 5 kids and wife thats here all day. all the cartoons look like they have partkinsons and are made in china with a voice over.

#1: Didn't you tell me you used to be a cable installer (contractor). Obvisously not a very good one

#2: You don't have to have a DTA (digital terminal adapter - which is NOT a WOW digital box). If you TV was made in the last few years, it should already have a Clear QAM tuner in it = don't need a DTA

#3: WOW is still broadcasting 13 analog channels, meaning any old TV will pick those up

#4: Instead of bitching about it, why not set up a service call for your digital breakup issue? Could be wiring in your home (likely), squirrels could have chewed your drop, or some other issue.

#5: You don't think there was a reason for the switch over? Perhaps the doubling of the HD lineup? Other things to come THIS YEAR??!!

This is from the former Insight door-to-door salesman. Where are all of Insight's JD Power and Associates Awards?

That ultra reliable U-verse, lol. And that is a product you HAVE to have a box on every TV, no matter if you have a Clear QAM tuner or not.

yes i used to install for wow and it sucked ass when i quit making 7bucks a hr as a contractor cause all the shitty work we got i droped all my tools and said fuck this.

they call it piece work being you get paid peices. u work with the contractors u know they

dont get paid shit for cable installers. i made 20 hr at nationwide doing their voice and ip.

and im never home except to sleep so im not the main one complaining about it its the 5 kids and wife thats here all day. all the cartoons look like they have partkinsons and are made in china with a voice over.

I know of some WOW contractors making some pretty decent money, and have been for years.

Again, instead of using non-technical descriptions of the problem (try digital breakup, freezing, digital tiling, etc. instead), how about making a simple call to the call center and setting up a trouble call: 1-866-496-9669

It is really easy.

WOW told me I had to have their new digital converter - went to switch to Uverse - they couldn't get a signal to my house. Bitched some more at WOW - they admitted they made a mistake, if you have a new set with a digital tuner, no box required - I am plugged in directly on all my flat screens - the two digital boxes I kept for old TV's still suck.

No, I don't have all the HD channels & DVR - but I spend a lot less!

In 4 years, AT&T has been to my house ONE time and I only have two tvs in my house, so it's really a non issue for me.

I wish I could get WOW. I have Dish because Insight sucks and I'm not 100% happy with Dish, but it's better than Insight.

lol, I know 7 of my neighbors have switched from Dish to Insight in the past year because of how bad they said Dish sucked

Id call wow and they would send a contractor I don't wana punch a contractor I wana punh a wow tech geese!

First off, WOW uses in house techs for almost all service calls. And you want to punch someone for something that I bet is either an issue you caused or damage from rodents. Classy.

Call and complain? We had the same issue once we moved. We use TW. The problem we had was caused by OLD Coax Cable.

They ended up running brand spanking new wire from the Main Trun at the Road to the house, from there into the Room, and a new line from the Wall Jack to the TV.

Now, it is crystal clear w/ no distortion or issue.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I watch about 10 min of tv before I fall asleep cmt music then when I get up I turn it off. But all those fancy tech words u used is what its doing punching someone was just for fun. Shit id punch the mail man for it but we have a woman. But we really didn't have all the breakup and freezing before this shittly little box. The hd box does it too but deff not as often. Why don't I call wow is cause I don't wana pay more for the bill or the service call I got cars to build ya know..

I watch about 10 min of tv before I fall asleep cmt music then when I get up I turn it off. But all those fancy tech words u used is what its doing punching someone was just for fun. Shit id punch the mail man for it but we have a woman. But we really didn't have all the breakup and freezing before this shittly little box. The hd box does it too but deff not as often. Why don't I call wow is cause I don't wana pay more for the bill or the service call I got cars to build ya know..

LOL, of course it didn't break up a few months ago on the TV's with DTA's - IT WAS ANALOG.

You will only pay for a service call if it is your fault. Even then, you can sign up for the service protection plan during the service call ($2.99/month, min 6 months), and you are then covered even if you are the cause of the digital breakup.