POR-15 locally?

zeitgeist57

I know its not what you guys are looking for. But there is a product called Amerlock 400 from PPG that essentially does the same thing as POR-15 but does it better. Requires less way less prep, can be put on top of rust, the surface can even be partially wet and full adhesion will occur.

Amerlock®/400

A self-priming epoxy with full color availability, combining high-performance protection with ease of application. Amerlock/400 provides a simplified solution to complex plant and offshore corrosion problems. It can be applied to tightly adhering rust and old paint surfaces – without the need for blast cleaning – and still delivers a high degree of chemical and corrosion protection where surface preparation can only be minimal.

Advantages:

Amerlock’s low solvent level meets VOC requirements, reduces the chances for film pin holing and solvent entrapment at the substrate-coating interface.

The superior wetting action of Amerlock/400 permits excellent adhesion, thoroughly soaking into the rust layer and tightly bonding to the underlying metal.

Amerlock/400 has good chemical resistance to splash/spillage, fumes and immersion in neutral, fresh and salt water.

As a maintenance coating, Amerlock/400 protects steel structures in industrial facilities, bridges, tank exteriors, oil tanks, piping, roofs, water towers and other exposures.

Heres a list of PPG dealers in Columbus.

Sagle's Automotive Paints

1870 Cleveland Avenue

Columbus, OH 43211

(614) 294-4729

Ohio Auto Kolor Inc

3211 West Broad Street

Columbus, OH 43204

(614) 272-2255

oak@ohioautokolor.com

Sagle's Automotive Paints

5409 Sinclair Road

Columbus, OH 43229

(614) 888-0068

Pretty sure Napa carries por-15. I used it and put clear plastic food wrap over the can before putting the lid on with no issues. If there is rust or perfect paint you don't want it on it works great, clean metal it peels right off of when dry.

Jegs carries KBS, DO NOT LET the sales associate shake the container. If you get air in the paint it won't adhere. I've sealed 3 tanks, I did a bike tank and the dude shook the paint "for me" and it bubbled off

I have a few extra quarts of gloss black and a extra gallon of the metal ready prep if you are interested. I will sell it for the price I bought it for. This stuff does work. Edited by RS69