So, the new motor is DONE!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Car is tuned... wish we would have had more time, but looks like we will have to finish figuring out the launch next time out.

Best pass of the night was an 8.24@176 with only a 1.53 60'.

with the motor change, bigger tires, we will need to launch on around 9psi of boost to get the 60's back to where we used to be. Unfortunately we didn't get there last night.

After eliminations were done (for me anyway LOL) I made 2 more test passes where we were able to build a bit of boost.

The first one was a 6psi launch that brought the 60' down to an "OK" 1.38 and at the top of 1st gear a line blew off of one of the blow off valves so I had to abort the pass.

On the second I built 9.5psi of boost and by this point the tires were done so we spun. I peddled and the pass was aborted.

All in all we learned a lot. I had a bunch of people come by and say hello. For those of you that came out to watch us run, thanks for coming out and supporting. I hate that I didn't get to make a new record pass, but it was litterly the first time out with the new motor. Next time out we expect to make some strides and who knows, maybe at Bowling Green, we will be ready to set a new IRS World Record!