Dakota transmission

Otis Nice

Anyone have any insight, knowledge, or experience? Mine was shifting funny and now is shot. From what I've found through searching it could be as simple as a TPS (which I tried) or speed sensor and as serious as the whole tranny being shot.

Anybody know anything on DIY repair, anywhere to get it rebuilt, or anywhere to get a new one?

Anyone have any insight, knowledge, or experience? Mine was shifting funny and now is shot. From what I've found through searching it could be as simple as a TPS (which I tried) or speed sensor and as serious as the whole tranny being shot.

Anybody know anything on DIY repair, anywhere to get it rebuilt, or anywhere to get a new one?

I had to have mine (46RE trans) rebuilt after 36k miles. I had it rebuilt by Jims Performance Transmissions in Michigan.

Thanks for the info. How much did that run you and with a rebuild is it built stronger, better, and faster? (nanananananananana)

It was supposed to be all of the above. He built a transmission for a dakota in Canada that is putting down 725RWHP and 629RWTQ (http://www.dakotart.com/forum/member.php?u=136)

I think I paid 1500-1600 and that included having the converter rebuilt as well.

Aawesome. Thanks for the info guys. Really appreciate it. Right now I'm just gonna keep the 3.9 in there until I get the body and everything done I need to then possibly a swap, so I'm not looking to handle tons of power. I just want it to last.

• 2 weeks later...
Martin Saine builds many transmissions for the Dakota guys.

MSaine1213@AOL.com

His shop number is 951-907-0434, he is a good guy to talk to.

I'm just glad I no longer have the fourty six are e.

Called Martin and spoke to him. Great guy it seems. Gave me great info and a good deal on getting a nice rebuild done with better performance parts for the same price as most shops would with OE parts. Thanks again! +rep