3/22 MEGA picture-post.

Benyen Soljax

No, this was her first time going down. She's tired and very sore. Still said she had a good time yesterday, just sad about her bike.

Odd...I thought she was recovering from something....Oh well. Glad she's OK. Is her bike fubar?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh its her first time going down.. i think that will just make her stronger.. I havent gone down yet and i have a new bike.. i think thats why i stay last yesterday lol. I am thinking about getting a 2nd bike for track days heh.

oh its her first time going down.. i think that will just make her stronger.. I havent gone down yet and i have a new bike.. i think thats why i stay last yesterday lol. I am thinking about getting a 2nd bike for track days heh.

Are you a chic, too?

I think it made my point about large group rides. I'm glad everyone is ok and that no one got seriously hurt. .

the two wrecks had nothing to do with being part of a group. usually wrecks in a group happen because someone is riding behind people above their heads in skill and dont ride at their level, but these were just bad luck. but go ahead and be negative nancy about it all.

the two wrecks had nothing to do with being part of a group. usually wrecks in a group happen because someone is riding behind people above their heads in skill and dont ride at their level, but these were just bad luck. but go ahead and be negative nancy about it all.

Go ahead and think what you want Ben. The larger the group, the greater your chances of crashing are going to be. Math is math...

Big groups do add up to more crashes I agree. Especially this early in the season when the roads are covered in sand and gravel and everyone is working out the cobwebs of winter remembering what it feels like to lean the bike over.

I too was out this weekend on 180 and 374. Those roads were not good. 56 was decent though. As someone else said 78 is fantastic and usually clean as it's more heavily traveled. I didn't get that far out though. Always like visiting big muskies shovel out there. If you decide to head out I'd just advise to ride slow and stay out of the middle of the lane as the road conditions are not really sport bike friendly. Still fun to get out though.

Edited by vw151

Did anyone decide to stick their leg out to notify the individuals that gravel/sand was coming up?

Absolutely. As much as I can without endangering my own ride. Rusty was good about giving me heads up too, so I just passed info along, as the folks behind me did as well

Saw the pics, great job. Sorry about incidents and it don't take a lg group to have probs. Seen it with just two! Lg group means more help when something does go awry. Maybe borrow from the sportie car set. Rallies had pre-run of route then met to advise. There also was a sweep vehicle. It ran along just a few minutes behind group and picked up the pcs. if needed. Just a thought.

Noticed someone asked on the road question down (Coshocton (& area)) this away. I've been out almost everyday last week and a half. Road report from the woods. Grit in the most inopportune places. Farmers, oils/gas well, gravel pits, and timber operations dragging stuff out onto pavement. Then there's the annual Spring...springs flowing across pavement. The pavement is ravelled and holes in quite a few places. My runs have been SR715, SR206, USR62, SR60 above and below Tunnel Hill. SR586, SR79 (to Newark and back), SR520 and of course SR83, and lotsa county highways. CR12, Coshocton (grit, but Amish too, so cow trailing isn't only for dirt bikes!). Holmsie County, CR 19, (both sides above and below SR83, but not back way into Spring Mountain), CR600, CR 58 & 59 as well and lots of them CR's around Glenmont (CR's 50, 51, 52). Wally Road, Loudonville off of SR3 is okay-except for 3 areas that are still gravel (yep, not paved-so that's only 45 mph) then ya pop out on SR514 (Greer) and the same there as everywhere else, grit and farm operations leaving stuff on pavement.

I'm sure I've missed a few, but it's all the same where I have ridden

So far down here. One killed in town on a dirt bike/slid out in a turn and slid into truck parked at bottom of hill. Yes, I said in town. Then the few slides and damaged bikes too. Them little 600's ain't so little when ya have to pick 'em out of a perch and bring them down when the place of rest is six feet above road. Plus side? Pine trees don't hurt as much as rocks.

Spring rains may clean things up a bit. Jus' be careful out there.

Oh yeah, Roscoe Village, Warehouse Restaurant in Coshocton new owners (Dec) and different chef. Still good found, just different. I did say, I was out and about last week or so. Kawi K-yeah on baked pasta (at the other Coshocton eatery you and I talked about).

That'll catch folks up on things, see ya in a few weeks or so-when I find another internet connection!

In the Cbus section I commented on the 1st bike down and then broke later, basically the rear swingarm had the tensioner pulled into it from when the socket from the tool kit got between the sprocket and the chain. I am about 99% sure it can not be fixed, but jsut needs a new chain and swingarm. The plastics are minor, most damage to the body was a broken turn signal.

Major bummber is she just paid it off last week......

Id like to hit that ride again in the summer when the roads are cleaned up a bit more and Im a little more comfortable. It was helpful watchin the experienced riders so I can pickup some stuff.

I def. have alot of learning to do after seeing you all hit the twisties.