M26X1.5 A/C clutch puller

Crossle

Sounds like you are working on Shawn's car, we just spent ~$100 to buy the tool so that we could do that project for him. He called last night to say he had found someone local to take care of the installation.

Red with around 40K miles? So, you have it/are waiting to receive it? He picked the car up today since we didn't have the tool, and mentioned that he would be back once we got the tool. We/you may not need it, but we are beyond capacity at the shop and could not afford to tear it down and hope that it would just come off without the tool. Otherwise we would have given it a shot, we have plenty of pullers but not a M26.

Also, is this a common issue with these cars to blow the A/C clutch fuse due to the clutch? I am out of the loop as far as specifically what it was in for other than what he wanted replaced, but I guess we were not going to do any diagnostics?

Are you guys going to take care of it now then? Just so we know if we need to get the tool or not.

Thanks for the info!

Yep, that's the one.

The tool is at the shop that I help out at in Cincy, the shop owner bought the tool just for this job and then Shawn called to say he was getting it taken care of locally.

It's not an overly common issue but it is generally the culprit of the blown fuse. We have not performed any diagnostic for the A/C problem on this car, just a couple of phone conversations with the owner inquiring to see if we could install the clutch.

To my knowledge we are not taking care of it, I don't think he wants to drive to Cincy.