evo or sti

Rgreen

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you gotta ask witch is better and wont blow up do yourself a favor buy a honda and attach a fart can, im sure you will feel right at home.

Questions like this make me wonder at how much is it worth to learn at the expense of not wanting to use the search button.

In this case a 25k car.

Rolf copter.

When I started liking cars I would read instead of asking such a large vague question that can no way be answered by replies on the interwebs.

Each car will blow the fuck up. if you can pay to play by all means buy either cause in the end you will learn the hard way.

Personally, I like the STi for off roadiness and sound, but I feel like the Evo is more oriented towards "fast" on the street or a track. Of course, none of this is based on any actual information or facts, it's just the impression I get from looking at them.

If you gotta ask witch is better and wont blow up do yourself a favor buy a honda and attach a fart can, im sure you will feel right at home.

Questions like this make me wonder at how much is it worth to learn at the expense of not wanting to use the search button.

In this case a 25k car.

Rolf copter.

When I started liking cars I would read instead of asking such a large vague question that can no way be answered by replies on the interwebs.

Each car will blow the fuck up. if you can pay to play by all means buy either cause in the end you will learn the hard way.

First off I did search I'm just bored second have you considered anger managment

I hear upgrades on Sti are really high compared to evo. Also what stage is yours have you had any problems

It's still just Stage 1. I keep getting distracted by other cars before I can do a good Stage 2+ on it. As for cost of upgrades, again, it depends on your goals.

What is a good shop for Sti

Repairs: SigmaTec

Upgrades/Tuning: IPS/ATS

That shit will get old/annoy fast. I'll give you a week before that brap-brap drive you insane. Evo will out perform sti in every way. Only draw back is no cruise control and interior of a '88 civic.

The Subaru exhaust sound is only annoying if you get an obnoxiously loud exhaust. A good exhaust will give you a rumble without being annoying. My personal favorite is the MadDad Whisper. It's quiet enough at low RPMs that you won't wake your neighbors, but will speak up when you get on it.

I'd be happy to let you drive mine, but the suspension's been very modified so the ride and handling will not be representative of a stock STI.

What are you going to use it for?

For a true daily driver, that sees commutes in excess of a couple hundred miles from time to time, the STi is the better choice.

For a weekend car that is going to see track/mexican road duty, the Evo hands down. I have owned a ton of cars, and the Evo is the most well connected, raw feeling sports car yet. It's hard to explain without personally driving the shit out of one yourself. Everything that makes me love the Evo for what it is, makes me hate it on a couple hundred mile trip. Every Evo owner should own atleast one other car or mode of transportation,... or you will end up selling it.

P.S. I am only referring to Evo VIII and IXs. The Evo X is a way better daily, and just about the opposite of the 8s and 9s. No raw feeling, but ok on a long trip... In essence, the Evo X is just like a WRX

What clenches it for me is the wrx comes in a hatch back. It is fantastic for DD uses or even 2 person trips. My dad and i drove in his from Salt lake city to Moab(6hrs) and easily packed in all our camping supplies food etc while having an absolute blast driving through the mountains

I want 400-450 whp something that will be reliable. Some cars if you build them they still fail because they are shity platforms then others perform better on stock motors then some motors that are built

I've searched forums and I don't get good answers about subaru motors driveline etc I like the subaru looks plus they are easyier to come by than a evo,I have called on 30 evos all sold I can't find one to even drive so I don't even know if I would like an evo I drove Sti stock and liked the ride it was a 2010

I want 400-450 whp something that will be reliable. Some cars if you build them they still fail because they are shity platforms then others perform better on stock motors then some motors that are built

At about 420whp-450whp they fail.

answer. lock it up

400-450awhp will be a liability no matter what.

Personally go evo. That's coming from an STi guy. My motor blew up with 30k on it of hard driving and I was only at 350-360awhp. Once the motor was built it was totaled lol so i never got to push it.

I've been driving my STi for 4 months now and wouldn't regret a thing. I've got some mods on it and it's my DD, perfect car in my opinion for a fun DD that I also can race at the track or beat Phil with.. :D

I'm biased when it comes to this decision, so go STi. Especially for DD.