Fitness Gurus

mrhobbz

I tried the whole carb cycling bit before and I didn't get anywhere with it. Right now diet and workout is as follows.

Diet I am eating 5 small meals a day, I quit counting calories but so far this is the only diet that has been easy to stick with and has been effective with my workouts.

. Get to work and then drink plain black coffee like a bauce.

Pre workout/breakfast - egg white omelet with 5 egg whites, salt, pepper & a couple squirts of hot sauce 1/4c to 1/2c oatmeal/oats.

Post workout - Optimum Nutrition "100% natual" oats whey protein shake

Lunch - grilled or ground turkey breast either plain or in a whole wheat wrap with low fat dressing, and vegetables

Mid day - can tuna plain, serving of vegetables.

Dinner - salmon patties with lemon pepper or lemon chicken (grilled), spinach or veg

Zero pop/soda and no gatorade. Straight up tap water cause im a G yo. :masturboy:

Current workout is simple. Monday-Saturday, 6:30am-7:30am, cardio. I will generally do 30 minutes of jogging/running on the tred and another 30 minutes on the eliptical or bike. Haven't brought weight training into my workout yet.

Try out the changes i made above. Fruit is not something you need and it will cause big problems while trying to lose unwanted fat stores. It is sugar, sugar is all processed the same way in the body. Also try cutting carbs after lunch, you ill have enough glycogen stores left in your body for the rest of the day. no need to store anymore.

You are going to need to throw in weights. There is a such thing as skinny fat and i beleive you have reached that point. Pm me for workout ideas.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it from someone who's lost almost 90 pounds, it's going to take a lot to totally lose them. Love handles are the one area on my body right now that's still noticeably "fatter". My wife will point that out right away, LOL. Like someone said, you can't target fat loss. Just keep working at it and see what happens. Personally I think I'd have to lose another 10 pounds to totally get rid of mine and right now, that's just not going to happen. I might look like an AIDS patient and have to change my diet even more and I'm just not ready to do that... :lol:

You cannot target fat loss, it is almost impossible. Your body is going to get rid of it as it see's fit. You cannot reccomend carb cycling to someone who is potentially carb sensitive or has cholesterol problems. I would like to know what your current diet is like and work out routine. Your diet is going to play a large role in your progress not necessarily your workouts. Also timing of nutrients is key at a certain point.

post up your current nutrition and workout plan.

Do not take clen.

This.

cut your carbs after 1pm. also don't put any dressing on anything, even if its "low fat". wraps are also kinda deceiving, although they appear in nature to be healthy, they are still high in calories. id opt for a salad personally.

id try 2 a day workouts as well, run in the AM, lift at night, or vice versa. you'll have the "furnace" constantly burning. cardio alone won't do it. weight training is necessary. i was 5'9" 185lbs last summer and cut to 165lbs in like 2 months just doing that crap. my size 32's were falling off.

cut your carbs after 1pm. also don't put any dressing on anything, even if its "low fat". wraps are also kinda deceiving, although they appear in nature to be healthy, they are still high in calories. id opt for a salad personally.

id try 2 a day workouts as well, run in the AM, lift at night, or vice versa. you'll have the "furnace" constantly burning. cardio alone won't do it. weight training is necessary. i was 5'9" 185lbs last summer and cut to 165lbs in like 2 months just doing that crap. my size 32's were falling off.

There's no real reason to cut anything after any specific time. There's also no real reason to cut out dressing. Most of that stuff is myth, unsubstantiated by modern dietary science. Eat smart (i.e., watching what and how much you eat) and avoid fancy diets. In my experience, this works better than going crazy and following the least enjoyable plan ever.

I usually advise against 2-a-days just because they tend to be unnecessary. I would add in weight training three days a week, split between major muscle groups, and put cardio in at the end of the workout. Use the first section of training (~45 mins) to use up your testosterone and then move on to a lower intensity cardio program to finish.

A lot of people forget how crucial good morale is to good training. If you hate what you're doing, it will show and you usually break your discipline much quicker. Try to enjoy your training and diet to maximize results. Make good compromises and set realistic goals.

Like Steven said, you cannot target specific fatty areas. You will need to work on overall fitness (aerobic and anaerobic) to continue to attack the remaining fat. Progress is much slower as your body becomes accustomed to working out. How long have you been on your current program? It may be time to throw a change into your cardio program along with the additional weight training.

I should also add, fuck supplements. Unless you are at an elite level, your training and diet can suffice for everything you need. Don't waste your money on more shit to put in your body that you really don't need.

I should also add, fuck supplements. Unless you are at an elite level, your training and diet can suffice for everything you need. Don't waste your money on more shit to put in your body that you really don't need.

true, i laugh at all the people who throw hundreds of dollars away each month taking that crap and they still look like crap. :dumb:

true, i laugh at all the people who throw hundreds of dollars away each month taking that crap and they still look like crap. :dumb:

I know, it always made me laugh. Go to a meet and push big numbers, inevitably someone will ask for advice and what supplement to take is almost always asked.

Height and weight when I did that was 181-198 at 5'8", and no I was not fat at all.

I know, it always made me laugh. Go to a meet and push big numbers, inevitably someone will ask for advice and what supplement to take is almost always asked.

Height and weight when I did that was 181-198 at 5'8", and no I was not fat at all.

"supplements" :gabe:

"supplements" :gabe:

I can't remember anyone at a meet coming out and asking me if I was on the real stuff, they just hinted around it. I think they were either disappointed or annoyed when I would say I used absolutely nothing. :fuckyeah:

Your g/f or partner is going to need something to grab on so I would leave them there.

But seriously, I have love handles but I can minimalize it by moving my underwear down a bit so that the elastic band doesn't "smoosh" it. And I'm 6'5" sitting at 160 pounds. All that is genetics, I swear.

Your g/f or partner is going to need something to grab on so I would leave them there.

But seriously, I have love handles but I can minimalize it by moving my underwear down a bit so that the elastic band doesn't "smoosh" it. And I'm 6'5" sitting at 160 pounds. All that is genetics, I swear.

brb, walk into gust of wind, end up on roof of nearby building.

There's no real reason to cut anything after any specific time. There's also no real reason to cut out dressing. Most of that stuff is myth, unsubstantiated by modern dietary science. Eat smart (i.e., watching what and how much you eat) and avoid fancy diets. In my experience, this works better than going crazy and following the least enjoyable plan ever.

I usually advise against 2-a-days just because they tend to be unnecessary. I would add in weight training three days a week, split between major muscle groups, and put cardio in at the end of the workout. Use the first section of training (~45 mins) to use up your testosterone and then move on to a lower intensity cardio program to finish.

A lot of people forget how crucial good morale is to good training. If you hate what you're doing, it will show and you usually break your discipline much quicker. Try to enjoy your training and diet to maximize results. Make good compromises and set realistic goals.

Like Steven said, you cannot target specific fatty areas. You will need to work on overall fitness (aerobic and anaerobic) to continue to attack the remaining fat. Progress is much slower as your body becomes accustomed to working out. How long have you been on your current program? It may be time to throw a change into your cardio program along with the additional weight training.

got out of the loop for a while started back up and been on for 4 months now. Only "supplement" i take is the shake and that's for simplicity sake, easier to drink that shit while driving to work

got out of the loop for a while started back up and been on for 4 months now. Only "supplement" i take is the shake and that's for simplicity sake, easier to drink that shit while driving to work

After 4 months, I would probably make a change to my program to keep things new. Do you have access to a pool? That can be very enjoyable for cardio and swimming is a great workout.

I typically do my program splits every 10-12 weeks. There don't need to be drastic changes, but something to make things different both mentally and physically in some way.

After 4 months, I would probably make a change to my program to keep things new. Do you have access to a pool? That can be very enjoyable for cardio and swimming is a great workout.

I typically do my program splits every 10-12 weeks. There don't need to be drastic changes, but something to make things different both mentally and physically in some way.

No access to a pool, can't swim anyway :fa:

I'm at 185 and need to do this ^^^

However, I'm 42, enjoy very well prepared and tasty food like a teenager enjoys sex thus I may be stuck with my 36's. :fa:

I'm at 185 and need to do this ^^^

However, I'm 42, enjoy very well prepared and tasty food like a teenager enjoys sex thus I may be stuck with my 36's. :fa:

No, you don't need to do that. You need to do something like what I said in reply. His suggestions will work, but they're really very unnecessary. Balance your diet and add in a balanced workout, that's the key.