2013 Gen. Coupe v8

FST94TSI

According to carrbuzz.com and a couple of other sites the Gensis Coupe will get a 429hp V8 as an option for the 2013 model year. Now of course until they "officially" announce it, this could be b.s., but it's been talked about since day 1. Although not even close to the fastest car I've had, I love the well rounded approach if my Gen.. Coupe a lot. Jones you may proceed with bashing now........... Anyways if they do go ahead with the V8 it will be a nearly untouchable rockets ship. Oh well I'm hopin, because that would be the three year mark on my current coupe and the perfect time to trade it in on a new one.

According to carrbuzz.com and a couple of other sites the Gensis Coupe will get a 429hp V8 as an option for the 2013 model year. Now of course until they "officially" announce it, this could be b.s., but it's been talked about since day 1. Although not even close to the fastest car I've had, I love the well rounded approach if my Gen.. Coupe a lot. Jones you may proceed with bashing now........... Anyways if they do go ahead with the V8 it will be a nearly untouchable rockets ship. Oh well I'm hopin, because that would be the three year mark on my current coupe and the perfect time to trade it in on a new one.

If they do i will buy one, they have been talking about a 35-36k dollar price tag.

If they stuff the new 430hp DI V8 in the gen coupe, it would be a phenomenal car, provided they don't overcharge for it.

Simply because it would be so awesome, there's a 99.9% chance it won't happen.

:(

At first i was like :megusta:

Shit, almost forgot.

Genesis coupes are gay.

;)

But then i was like... :fuuuu:

If they produce the v8 version i want to be first in line.

If they stuff the new 430hp DI V8 in the gen coupe, it would be a phenomenal car, provided they don't overcharge for it.

Simply because it would be so awesome, there's a 99.9% chance it won't happen.

:(

this is kinda my thought. would be cool, but hell a track pack 3.8 car is already in the price range of a SS or GT. Not to mention i have to say im kinda dissapointed in the performance of even the 3.8 cars. Every test ive seen pretty much has a track pack V6 mustang spanking its ass and the V6 camaro right with it (14.2 for the genesis and 14.3 for camaro and handling specs not much different). Even now the Camaro is getting a new like 330 hp V6 and by 2013-14 will be going on a diet. So if they want the V8 genesis to be a competitor, they better make it be able easily out handle a car that is 4-500 pounds more than it, run faster than a mere tenth than same said car, and thats if it doesnt doesnt cost quite a bit more already...

I've never really understood the comparisons to the camaro and mustang. I've always seen it as more of an in between to the z and g37. It's not quite as fast as the z and not quite as luxury oriented as the g. They really do need to work on the price point a bit though. If it's 35,000 or less I'll do it no doubt. Hyundai is really stepping their game up in a major way. I love a lot of the new cars they have coming out.

I've never really understood the comparisons to the camaro and mustang. I've always seen it as more of an in between to the z and g37. It's not quite as fast as the z and not quite as luxury oriented as the g. They really do need to work on the price point a bit though. If it's 35,000 or less I'll do it no doubt. Hyundai is really stepping their game up in a major way. I love a lot of the new cars they have coming out.

You really don't see why someone would compare a 300hp rwd sports car to another 300hp rwd sports car?

Interesting.

:dumb:

The V8 one would be cool though.

Word on the street was the coupes hood was sloped too much to fit the V8. There's got to be some serious restyling to the front end, if this is true, and lets hope it does't just get a tall hood and look like a rhino.

Anyways if they do go ahead with the V8 it will be a nearly untouchable rockets ship.

:dumb:

maybe untouchable 10 years ago. everyone's making 450hp cars, trucks, minivans, stationwagons, SUV's, etc. hundai's late to the party---you know, showing up for sloppy seconds.