School me on a Camera that should suit my needs.

EVILGTP98

Hey guys, been checking out a few options online and in stores trying to find a camera that would suit my needs, looking to spend between 400 and 700 bucks. More of a multi-use camera, would be taking pictures from top fuel/funny cars down to landscapes. Just kinda looking to be pointed in a good direction as far as quality and ease of use. Very novice, just looking to get into it and see if its something that appeals to me. Thanks for any help guys, much appreciated.

Jamie

Do you understand SLR cameras? Understand ISO, Apeture, exposure, shutter speed and things like that? If not I would get a basic cheap used body and spend the main money on Glass. The decision is Nikon or cannon, that way when you do get better you keep your glass and move up the body. I hear if you are looking for a DSLR to do still and video you want to be in Nikon. I hear the video is better on Nikons, and the stills are roughly the same.

I get a little aperture, shutter speed but wanting to get involved with that aspect of that end of it more. What should I look for in a glass, from what I have seen its like you said Nikon/Canon, both seem to be of decent quality. What body/glass should I start out looking for, I dont want to drop a ton of cash if it dont interest me but I am pretty certain it will become a new hobby. Thanks for the info