AR carbine using glock mags

Scotty2Hotty

I love the idea personally, but would prefer a larger caliber. It's similar to the Colt 6450 carbine, but utilizing Glock mags. Cool combination of pistol caliber, AR controls/accuracy and glock factory mags.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/lone-wolf-9mm-carbine.jpg

I just got around to thinking about it again. I still have yet to pull the trigger on a 7.62 AR, but I have an M1A for that. I've got 5.56/6.8SPC covered on my LMT, so I've been digging an AR in pistol caliber. If I could use my 21SF mags in an AR, I'd be a happy camper.

http://extremecentre.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/achmed-silence.jpg

M4/M16/AR style fire controls have been drilled into my hand. It's sad when I catch myself flicking my thumb on a normal basis.

LOL i know what you mean, the other day i was shooting a 10/22 and reached my finger up to drop the mag.

I can see SHTF loadout for GF's and wifes with 9mm glock's and AR15's. Simplicty at it's best.

This made me like it. When I first saw it, I thought "ok, more accuracy from a 9mm and a nice platform, that's ok I guess."

Thinking about it I see a few positives:

1. Easier control for inexperienced shooters and weaker ones.

2. Volume of ammunition carried can increase dramatically.

3. Controls overpenetration better, depending on the ballistics from a rifle platform.

4. Training is cheaper. The cost to shoot 9mm is definitely better than 5.56

5. Commonality of mags in a SHTF scenario. So many people have Glocks, it would be much easier to grab another mag and get back in the fight if you needed to.

I've been looking into them too.

Since I found out I need a new portion of my roof and that is taking money away from a car I was going to look at, why not put some money towards a gun? I also don't mind the 9mm round. Alot cheaper to shoot. I'm no sort of military with no AR experience so the 9mm route intrigues me.

Good looking RRA above. Do you mind listing what model it is, and what you have done to it? Or you can PM me.

Rock River Arms LAR-9.(also available as a 40 S&W version)

Lower forward item on rail-NcSTAR red & green laser.

Upper rearward item on rail-AIM red dot sight.

Sling is 1" from a fabric shop,available sling lenghts are too short for my liking.

Rubber on both grips are lenghts of motorcycle tube to eliminate the 'plastic feel' and provide a non-slip grip. The 2 pieces on the foregrip also hold/retain the laser switch,a very natural grip actuates the laser.

Since they're both mounted 'in-line' on the rail,there's no parallax problem. Laser for 'close',red dot sight for 'far',or both together.

Rock River Arms LAR-9.(also available as a 40 S&W version)

Lower forward item on rail-NcSTAR red & green laser.

Upper rearward item on rail-AIM red dot sight.

Sling is 1" from a fabric shop,available sling lenghts are too short for my liking.

Rubber on both grips are lenghts of motorcycle tube to eliminate the 'plastic feel' and provide a non-slip grip. The 2 pieces on the foregrip also hold/retain the laser switch,a very natural grip actuates the laser.

Since they're both mounted 'in-line' on the rail,there's no parallax problem. Laser for 'close',red dot sight for 'far',or both together.

Thanks.