Fire Code and Motorcyces?

MackDaddy43

Leasing office lady comes over today and tells me I can't park my motorcycle on the patio by my sliding door.

What does the law actually say about this? I tried doing some googling, but couldn't find an answer. It just kept telling me about not having your grill on the patio.

I just want to know because the patio is the only place I feel comfortable leaving the bike. The parking lot is overcrowded, and by the time I get home at 9pm, there's nowhere to park.:megusta:

Its NFPA fire code. I dont have a specific code for you, but its illegal. You have have a combustible liquid on your patio. LPG on your grill is normally what we normally see, but gasoline counts too. We issue a warning to the property manager and if we come back and see it we start throwing fines around. The property manager is just trying to comply with the FD, who is enforcing NFPA safety code, which is there to protect people. AKA Dont get your panties in a bunch

The idea is in an apartment, if that lights off it will run the building side. Once it runs up the building it light the soffit and once it penetrates the soffit it will run the roof, which is one big space of open combustibles. Once in the roof shit gets real and you burn down buildings and kill people.

If you need further info talk to your property manager but its legit.

Edited by Sturg

Its NFPA fire code. I dont have a specific code for you, but its illegal. You have have a combustible liquid on your patio. LPG on your grill is normally what we normally see, but gasoline counts too. We issue a warning to the property manager and if we come back and see it we start throwing fines around. The property manager is just trying to comply with the FD, who is enforcing NFPA safety code, which is there to protect people. AKA Dont get your panties in a bunch

The idea is in an apartment, if that lights off it will run the building side. Once it runs up the building it light the soffit and once it penetrates the soffit it will run the roof, which is one big space of open combustibles. Once in the roof shit gets real and you burn down buildings and kill people.

If you need further info talk to your property manager but its legit.

Thank you for the info. ......... and what followed? I guess. . . :gabe: