Clear bra

FST94TSI

I just had the front end of my gen.coupe repainted due to rock chips . I'm really considering putting some sort of protection on the front area of the car so if anyone does this or has a hookup please let me know ASAP.

Buddy of mine for years who has tons of experience and his own business doing it.

Julius Poa

937-830-2797

Just tell him Tim Lauro sent you his way. He's done over a dozen of my cars and those of my friends. I have pics of his work. He even has replaced mine due to hitting a Goose once. No charge.

Got a general idea how much one of these run?

Varies but the full front including mirrors, hood and nose between $300-$500. My guy does a lot of custom cuts and covers all edges, etc....again, can't say enough about his work. I put these pics up a while ago to show the work.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/3m_clear_bra

These guys:

http://aapcolumbus.com/

Put one on my G8 back when I first got it. Holding up well.

they did my dads grand sport and has held up very well. we got a good stone cut through the bra and chip the paint on the way home from the woodward dream cruise. those are the chances you take though

having two cars with and two cars without I can tell you that I think the stuff is great. I should have applied to the Audi LONG ago before the front got totally fucked by 200k miles of driving.

Personally paint work makes me uneasy, esp on bumpers with all of those crazy tight areas that are very difficult to sand and polish the way they're delivered from the factory. In my eyes once you decide to paint the car will never be the same again except in very rare situations where you find those amazing paint guys that are few and far between.

If you parked my 10 yr old BMW next to my 12 year old Audi I think you too would take the yellowing clear bra on the white car over the busted ass looking front end of my Audi. Yes the Audi can be re-painted, but you can just pull the clear bra off of the BMW and it's factory fresh down there, no diminshed value from being painted, no worries of paint color mis-match, none of that. When I get old and decide to just rub it with a diaper and not drive it anymore I'll pull the clear bra off completely and enjoy looking at it in it's defect free state :D

Yes the Audi can be re-painted, but you can just pull the clear bra off of the BMW and it's factory fresh down there, no diminshed value from being painted, no worries of paint color mis-match, none of that. When I get old and decide to just rub it with a diaper and not drive it anymore I'll pull the clear bra off completely and enjoy looking at it in it's defect free state :D

^^ 200% truth to this. Clear bra is way better than repainting. Cheaper too. The only time any yellowing is really going to be seen is on white or silver and only if you abuse it in the winter. If you do a summer only car it won't turn nearly as fast as the old stuff did.

I'm no where near as picky about my cars as they are strictly cars and daily drivers for me anymore but when I get my toy, it will be done all over.

Charley @ CSN

don't know the number look it up, but he has alot of highend cars come into his shop

everytime I'm there I'll see everything from a maybach to graham rahall's fucking porches

warning he is a car guy and will talk your ear off if you let him