Growing up in the 90's

justin0469

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude' date=' I was wearing 1984 Nike's in the 8th grade. I was made fun of... A LOT. I was just ahead of my time, I guess. Those sneakers fucking rocked. Now I'd probably pull some serious cash if I still had those damn shoes. Fucking kids are wicked cruel.

Now I has a sad.[/quote']

How about some Etonics that were already worn out, complete with holes.:broke:Fucking hated life

I still have my sega system... and ill prolly cry when it breaks. But I read that first post about the 90s to my 15 yr old brother who frowned and said yea... your old... who the heck remembers that shit....im only 21 :(

and what ever happened to those sour war heads??

Edited by lilblue375

Wow, forgot how ghey that looked. Glad I never did that.
OMG' date=' I did!! I was a pant-peggin' mother fucker!! Had to beat the bitches off with a stick!! :badgerrock:[/quote']

I still remember stopping in the hall way during 7th grade between classes fixing my tight roll on my jeans. :lol: Never realized how STUPID it looked until now. Having it rolled scored you cool points in the social world.:nono:

FTR, I always had pimp shoes at the beginning of every school year, so I wasn't ashamed to flaunt'em.:p

and what ever happened to those sour war heads??

True story... My best friend's neighbor had a horribly aggressive Yorkshire Terrier, who used to chase and snap at me for no bloody reason... Well, one day I unwrapped a warhead and gave it to old Shaggy... That bastard caught a fit like none other! We laughed all afternoon as he whined and sneezed all the way across the yard:lol:

True story... My best friend's neighbor had a horribly aggressive Yorkshire Terrier, who used to chase and snap at me for no bloody reason... Well, one day I unwrapped a warhead and gave it to old Shaggy... That bastard caught a fit like none other! We laughed all afternoon as he whined and sneezed all the way across the yard:lol:

omg that would be so funny to watch :lol::lol:

And if you grew up a decade or 2 earlier ??? lol

This is for US !! ....... REmember When ??

enjoy !!

Close your eyes...and go back...

Before the Internet or the MAC,

Before semi automatics or crack,

Before SEGA, PS 2, X-BOX or Super Nintendo... ....

If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED !!!!

Hell, I graduated High school in 84.

I saved up my money and bought PONG. I spent hundreds of dollars playing space invaders. I owned an original walkman and disc man. I owned an 8 track. 1st motorcycle was a 68 honda s-90.... I listened to the first day QFM broadcast.

I remember hearing the national anthem when the TV stations went off the air. I watched Mtv when they actually played music videos.

If I plucked my gray hair I would probably be bald.

man im NOT the oldest here!!! 1969 here......i remeber all that....back when it was "safe" in the world, or at least we thought it was....the 70's rocked to grow up in!!!!! high school in the 80's was a trip too (1987 grad)

I remember when my dad brought home our first computer. It was a Tandy keyboard that connected to the television. All we did with it was play Poltergiest. What a piece of shit.

I also remember the first ATARI system we had. That was sweet!! Super Pit Fall' date=' anybody??[/quote']

i thought pong was a bit earlier than that, and atari was about 1980 or so?

664px-Tight_rolled_jeans.jpg

WOW....yea, ok...i did it too :(....but fuck man...it was the 80's!)

can anyone stop this crazy train?

man im NOT the oldest here!!!

Got all of you beat....

I remember the first calculator I ever saw - in my 7th grade math class. All of the kids in the class got to add a few numbers on it and that was it. No LCD or LED numbers, this thing had wires that glowed. Could barely make out what the number was supposed to be unless you squinted your eyes. Didn't see another one for several years after that.

I graduated from college before the PC was invented. Or at least long before I ever saw one. Our only computer class required us to use punch cards and card readers to program.

When I first started riding, none of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer's offered a motocross bike. We had to make ours from enduro type bikes. Drum brakes, no suspension and evil handling bastards. Either made you a man or killed you.:p

Got all of you beat....

I remember the first calculator I ever saw - in my 7th grade math class. All of the kids in the class got to add a few numbers on it and that was it. No LCD or LED numbers, this thing had wires that glowed. Could barely make out what the number was supposed to be unless you squinted your eyes. Didn't see another one for several years after that.

I graduated from college before the PC was invented. Or at least long before I ever saw one. Our only computer class required us to use punch cards and card readers to program.

When I first started riding, none of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer's offered a motocross bike. We had to make ours from enduro type bikes. Drum brakes, no suspension and evil handling bastards. Either made you a man or killed you.:p

FORTRAN :lol:

EXCITE Bike on the original Nintendo

I built the SICKEST tracks. :D

okayyyy, I was gonna, but... I don't think anyone would relate...

like, I was in Junior High when tennis shoes were invented, first worn on the street as fashion... geez, thanks for making an old dude feel old...

On the other hand, I remember when the first man stepped on the Moon. Really cool.

He grew up about 10 miles from where I live. Of course he didn't really walk on the moon:beathorse:

There is no Moon. It's all a lie, and I'm not telling you what they did with all that money. Calculator? In high school they brought in the experimental calculator from Battelle Memorial Institute, here in Columbus. It was the size of a shopping cart and used vacuum tubes.

L.A. gear shoes were the shit.

having a mechanical pencil was a big deal.

michael jordan, dennis rodman, and scottie pippen were gods

i still have vhs tapes that are full of satuday morning cartoons

everyone was a ninja turtle, power ranger, or gi joe for halloween.