Audio guys, educate me

wnaplay1647545503

I have had a few notable "systems" in my cars over the years, but I think technoogy has come along way since the early 90's. There are things/companies out there offereing componets I dont even know what they are. Batteries are now being put in line for something I know nothing about. Boxes are now different than slapping together a few pieces of particle board and drilling a few holes. Hell guys are getting as much power out of a single 10" speaker as others are gaining from several larger ones.

I currently have (2) older kicker comp 12's, subs, no box. I also have a newer kicker comp 10", and an older JL w3 10", again no boxes. I have an older bridgeably kenwood 600w amp and some sort of magnum magna bass that offers ????w's, provided by Jasson on here.

Using these componets as a basis for a small system whats the best setup I can manage? What gauge wires are needed, what are the box requirements? I am not planning on using everything together so which direction do I head in?

Depends on the Ohm of each speaker. The kicker comps I believe need big boxes, like 1.5-1.75 cubic foot sealed EACH. Ported boxes even bigger. Ported boxes give big boomy bass, (RAP HIP-HOP) Sealed gives tight hard hitting punchy bass (rock bass drum) which music do you listen to?

I wouldnt use the Magna bass amp on my speakers, its alot of power but its "dirty" power, will distort the speakers and cause them to blow easier.

The kenwood amp and Jl 10 would be a good match up. Get a capacitor since the amp is older. The internal capacitors will be smaller. 1/2 farad should be enough.

Run 4 gauge wire, for your wattage it might be slightly overkill but bigger is better here.

Hope that is a start for you.

Before you can figure out which equipment to use, you first need to decide what you want as an end result. If you're not planning on upgrading your internal speakers in the car too then you should definitely use the single 10 as that will add a nice amount ofmsound without being overpowering. The kenwood amp should work fine but again it depends on what ohm the Jl 10 is. Most of Jl subs will have labeling on the back of them that will tell you the ohm load that they will put out. If it's a single 4ohm sub or a dual 8ohm sub you should be fine. On the other hand the kickers shouldnbe pretty loud in the right box so you have to decide what you want as an end result first.