Property tax reappraisal

LJ

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah...if you are serious...I have some crap you can sit around. An old Snapper might just do the trick. And for some reason there is a concrete deer with a missing antler and rebar for a tail in our woods...yours if you want it. :)

Also...here's a good tip I learned...opt for a patio over a deck unless you want your assessment to go up. In a strange suspension of logic they consider a patio a temporary structure and a deck a permanent one.

i wonder if they did the fly over imaging yet. i ripped out a 10x10 shitty brick "patio" 2 years ago and replaced it with a 16x20 stamped concrete w/ a 10' circle fire pit 2 years ago.

Got my letter yesterday. Mine went from $178,600 to $179,300. I only paid $156,00 for it 3 and 1/2 years ago. I filed the valuation complaint paperwork this past May requesting the assessed value be lowered to $144,000. I submitted supporting documentation along with the forms. They are in the process of reviewing that, so I may get another letter here soon, hopefully stating my assessed value has been lowered. We'll see.

Got my letter yesterday. Mine went from $178,600 to $179,300. I only paid $156,00 for it 3 and 1/2 years ago. I filed the valuation complaint paperwork this past May requesting the assessed value be lowered to $144,000. I submitted supporting documentation along with the forms. They are in the process of reviewing that, so I may get another letter here soon, hopefully stating my assessed value has been lowered. We'll see.

Make sure to go to one of the meetings and talk to someone face to face.

So I live in a condo and a bunch of foreclosures around me killed my value. I went from 84k to 55k.

:yuno: pay your mortgage neighbors!

I bet you $1,000 that foreclosures had nothing to do with your assessed value

I bet you $1,000 that foreclosures had nothing to do with your assessed value

It's a semi-true statement.

Does the foreclosure itself impact the assessed value? No.

Does it bring the market and average price of the other homes selling in the area down? Yes. This is where forclosure impacts the assessed value. So though it doesn't count in the area is appraised, if all the other homes in the area have been selling for less because of the countless foreclosurers, then they are hurting the assessed values.

It's a semi-true statement.

Does the foreclosure itself impact the assessed value? No.

Does it bring the market and average price of the other homes selling in the area down? Yes. This is where forclosure impacts the assessed value. So though it doesn't count in the area is appraised, if all the other homes in the area have been selling for less because of the countless foreclosurers, then they are hurting the assessed values.

Copy pasta from link I posted earlier :gabe:

unless you guys plan to sell anytime soon, calm the fuck down. you'd be an idiot to buy high and sell low.

This right here. I'll have this house paid off in 9 years. I don't plan on moving, so I don't give a fungus... :)

100% agree no offense but 120k for that house .... well I sure hope you like it I figured u guys got that in the 70-80 range....

paul, you should buy my neighbors house. its listed at $135k and its nice inside based on the pictures.

Tentative Values for Parcel: 530-170461-00

Current Value

$123,500

New Value

$89,900

How much can I expect my taxes to go down? Yes I live in Reynoldsburg. I bought the house almost 4 years ago for $90,000.

27.126%. The same as the drop in value.

27.126%. The same as the drop in value.

Not always i figured out. If the levy is a guaranteed amount it won't drop the full percentage. I thought the same thing.