Property tax reappraisal

LJ

Ours dropped $24k, meh, we bought a house we can afford easily anyway, now it should be less than 1k a month in New Albany Schools. Wife wants to move, I don't, I win. :)

Exactly. Being handcuffed to a mortgage is never a win.

http://media.cnbc.com/j/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/__Story_Inserts/graphics/__REAL_ESTATE/_CONCEPTS/home_handcuff_200.htease.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you paid that much for that house? you guys should have looked around more.

We prefer not to live in a shit hole Aj. Btw, the houses in our neighborhood are going for anywhere between 145k-175k. We paid $119k, so yes id say we got an awesome deal. Great neighborhood and quality homes.

I went to the meeting this morning at the courthouse to complain about my letter. The initial letter we all received is not the actual value for the next three years. They will send another out mid December. It was have the final value on it. It could go up or down further.

I was pissed because before I submitted my BOR for 2010, I got my house professionally appraised, so the value I put on the form was backed up by something. According to the guy today, that BOR I filed had nothing to do with what I was recently sent. I guess what they come back with, whenever they do, that will be for 2010 and I should get a refund. When I get the final letter in Dec, that will be what I will be set to pay for the next three years.

this shit makes me not want to own property. fuck municipalities.

Owning a house is no longer an investment. Don't get me wrong...SOME are. If you are renting and finally getting your first house...9 times out of 10, yours isn't.

Owning a house is no longer an investment. Don't get me wrong...SOME are. If you are renting and finally getting your first house...9 times out of 10, yours isn't.

i still think that as an incentive, the US govt should let homeowners pay their mortgage from their pretaxed income.

I agree.

Everyone always said, buy a house its an investment. I did and several years later I want/need to move. I cant, i'm imprisoned by my mortgage with a house I cant get out of. Sucks.

Remember when people said things like "starter home". You know the one that you buy when you are young and flip after a decade to upgrade to a better house. Too many people are in situations where their homes value have dropped to where selling will break them even.

I think Im going to short sale my house and move down the street to a bigger house for 30k less thank what Im paying now.

We prefer not to live in a shit hole Aj. Btw, the houses in our neighborhood are going for anywhere between 145k-175k. We paid $119k, so yes id say we got an awesome deal. Great neighborhood and quality homes.

so i live in a shit hole and a bad neighborhood? :lolguy:

but if you like to live in the middle of the city 3 feet from your next door neighbor next to the train tracks than have at it.

I agree.

Everyone always said, buy a house its an investment. I did and several years later I want/need to move. I cant, i'm imprisoned by my mortgage with a house I cant get out of. Sucks.

a wise man once said "If you don’t feel comfortable owning something for 10 years, then don’t own it for 10 minutes."

Google that shit.

I think Im going to short sale my house and move down the street to a bigger house for 30k less thank what Im paying now.

How exactly do you expect to get another loan after you proved the inability to pay for the one you just short saled?

i still think that as an incentive, the US govt should let homeowners pay their mortgage from their pretaxed income.

Before that, I think they should consider doing this for Grocery items. Then I think employers could set up an auto deduct similar to my HSA Plan. Groceries are our biggest spend per month.

Tax appraisal doesn't really mean shit other than your taxes. My last bank appraisal was only ~8% less than what I paid, as well as recent sales of this same house (actually not even as nice(older and outdated)) in the same neighborhood.

Are you ready to refinance??

Email or call me. :)

-Marc

a wise man once said "If you don’t feel comfortable owning something for 10 years, then don’t own it for 10 minutes."

Google that shit.

Problem is 10 yrs ago (or 6 for me when I bought) was a very different world. If you went back to 2005 and asked anyone around they would not have predicted that every tom dick and harry would be effected like they have been. 6 years ago I payed $115k. Last year my neighbors payed $70k and the this year the next house down payed $60k. I am currently valued at $92k. With job markets changing, family life changing, etc. I would be interested in a move but it is not an option. It still probably won't be an option in another 5 years at the rate things are going. I had my house appraised and the guy told me if he pushed it he might say $79k. In other words I will be here for much longer then 10 yrs.