182mph f250

2pointslow

I know the guy with the Duramax that held the record before this F-250.

His truck went 166.xxx. It was heavily modified; fully built engine, built transmission, huge turbo, gears, drop suspension, twin injection pumps, injectors, totally gutted interior, many aero mods, etc.

I'm gonna call BS on "mostly stock". Knowing what it took Pat to go 166+ in a Duramax. Aside from that, it is still massively impressive to get 182 out of a F-250. The new Ford diesel is very impressive, too bad the truck is hideous to look at.

Here is a pic of the Duramax, previous record holder.

http://www.ussarcherfish.com/roadrunners/1616.jpg

" only installed a high pressure fuel pump, new fuel injectors, new turbos, and modified the compression ratio."

ONLY.

My car is stock bro, just has new turbos, fueling, and pistons.

and its ONLY a 8000 pound truck, its ONLY got the aero of a brick house... come on give it some credit

I wouldn't think the stock drive shafts in either of these 3/4 ton trucks could take that kind of MPH stock. I believe the new Superduty trucks come standard with 3.55 and the option of 3.73's to 4.10's. Not sure how the new 6 speeds are geared, but I assume they dropped it down lower than a 3.42 to reach those speeds. Even with the power and torque turbo diesel trucks put down, I'm surprised it didn't go on a diet. I'd love to see a diesel truck class at the Texas mile.