School Surveys 7th-Graders on Oral Sex

LPFSTheFett

Yeah, it's pretty effed up that by default school can say "You do this unless your parents say otherwise" instead of "You can't do this unless your parents say otherwise." I remember having to get permission slips signed all the time for field trips back in the day, I guess it's the opposite now?

LOL at 7th graders not knowing what oral sex and drug-withdrawal is. As if they don't talk to their friends and watch TV. Ha!

Lol government data mining.

At some point during middle school our principal came arround each class room, asked the girls to leave and sternly questioned us about an incident where an unknown individual took a jv football sized "bowel movement on the commode"; right on the seat. We knew someone took shit that would have killed a horse but we had no knowledge of any commodes or bowel movements.

7 th graders know what a blow job is but have never heard of oral sex.

7th graders know what it is sure. I sure as hell did. But, that line of questioning is unacceptable. At best, they should have at the bare minimum allowed the parents to say no. Not a 'opt out' either, more like an opt in. "Yes I want my kid to take a survey on what kind of sex they like most in the 7th grade."

imho, the line of questioning if coverd in a movie would have been R rating at best, and these kids are 13-14. Should have been much less descriptive.

Meh, I don't have kids so I don't know how is react, but I don't see the problem. 7th grade is a good time to talk to your kids about sex...even if its brought up by the school. As far as collecting data you wouldn't get an acurate picture if a high number of kids aren't allowed to take place in the study.

What I see out of this is parents who don't want to talk to their kids about sex when there are a lot of peers in their age group are starting to experiment.