12" Red Ceramic Tile

Sully

Does anyone know where I can get this tile? My tile guy is having a difficult time finding it. I hate to order it off the web because the pics always look different than they do in person. I'd like to go see the tile before I buy it.

Order one set of tile in, or a sample piece to see if you like it. That's what we ended up doing when retiled kitchen and dining room this summer. Went everywhere local and nobody had what we wanted so we ordered samples ( had to buy one I think ) from 3 places, they all showed up and 1 was exactly what we wanted.

vague request is vague.

Do you have a specific tile in mind? Company? Have you looked at the tile place in Hilliard, or there are a few tile places on riverside in grandview, also there is american floor source on trabue.

Any place worth its salt will be able to get you a sample of the tile.

I don't think my request is vague at all. I stated exactly what I'm looking for. Brands, companies, etc do not matter. I just need 12x12 Red Ceramic Tile. No foo foo red colors. Just plain red.

I will look at those places. Thanks.

Check w prosource

I bought laminate from them a year or so ago, but couldn't remember the name of the company. Thanks for reminding me. I just called them and they are looking.

EDIT: And ProSource just called me back. They do not have Red floor tile. They suggested I try Hamilton Parker.

Edited by Sully

Response from Hamilton Parker:

We have a couple of manufacturers that make a 12x12 red tile. red glaze like all other bright colors carry a low traffic rating. be careful not to use them in the main traffic area of the floor.

Back to square 1. Ugh.

Another update from Hamilton Parker:

Bright color glazes are soft in comparison to earth tone color glazes. The factories recommend that you use them for residential bathroom floors or on the wall.

The glaze can scratch and if its used somewhere like in front of a kitchen countertop where people pivot there feet to turn and walk away from the counter it will eventually start wearing the glaze off the surface of the tile.

1”x1” Red glass mosaics that come mounted on 12”x12” sheets is what we used in our showroom floor for our O.S.U. logo we installed. its been down for ten years and has no signs of any wear on it.

In your basement floor there shouldn’t be allot dirt from shoes getting ground into the surface of it to damage it.

Red glaze requires lead in it to get it to bond to the body of the tile and is considered to be a hazardous chemical before its fired. none of the factories in the U.S. will make it because of our environmental laws on how you dispose of hazardous waste.

All bright red tiles are produced in other countries and come with a premium price over all other colors of tile.