Need a transmission shop (besides aamco)

rb26deet32

Need a lsd installed in a trans. So far the best price I have is $500 from Germain Ford. That means there has to be some better deals out there. I would do it but my brother (the owner) doesn't want me to :megusta: All it needs is to have the bad diff taken out and the new lsd installed. Two bearings need pressed or tapped into place and the speedo gear needs swapped. But that's it. I had a quote for $250 about a year ago but the shop is no longer doing anything with transmissions. Let me know if you know anything. The trans is a mtx-75 btw.

Is the tranny already out?

Yea. I need the case opened, lsd removed, bearings installed on new lsd and speedo gear swapped and then have it all put back together. The best deal I have or had was the $250. That's no longer on the table. Second best is $300-350. I also have 2 others in the $400-500 range. Thanks.

I'd recommend MD Transmission in Delaware. They're right across from my shop. Top notch quality, usually beat everyone's price. They've done work on my Viewt, Toyota Century, and Mercedes.

Mark or David: (740) 363-0054

Agreed - very honest guys. We have them do all our tranny stuff...

Wow. Just got off the phone with David. What a nice guy. I've got a T18 that came with my Ford F100...they would inspect the transmission and replace input/output seals for a very low price. They'll be getting the transmission once my engine is done later this month.

Thanks, Doc!