nissan plug wires!

DSM1290

i am working on a 96 nissan sentra and the plastic plug wire boot is broke off down in the "head." The wire pulled right off the top of the plug boot. I have most of the boot out( by pulling and breaking it with needle nose's) but there is a rubber bushing around the base of the plug i can't get out. Any body have this problem before? I know last time i did the wires i had the same issue it was a major pain then too. Any ideas would be helpful.

The tube it is in is only about and 1.5" wide. I will give the coat hanger a try but it is in there pretty good so i dont' know if it will be rigid enough to stay in shape. and last time i tried the screw thing the tape ripped and the screw got stuck in there so i'm caution of the screw idea. but i might have to get better tape and try again. thanks for the help, any suggestion are welcomed

They make long screws and can usually be purchased individually at smaller neighborhood hardware stores. Not sure how deep the hole is but maybe worth a shot. And unless its welded itself to the sparkplug, a metal hanger should stay rigid enough to pull it out but we all know what should work doesnt necessarily do so when it comes to cars.

I had this happen on my Altima. I used a pick tool that looked like something the dentist's office would have. Took a little while to get out, but finally got it. I actually lost my pick in my last move, but just ordered these:

http://papa-johns-toolbox.amazonwebstore.com/7-pc.-Dental-Pick-Set-with/M/B003VSOJSW.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=froogle

Handy for the little stuff like this.

I used a combination of the coat hanger bent like the pick you are talking about, a screw taped to a screw driver and air compressor. Took the better part of an hour to smash and tear it apart enough to blow out with the air compressor.