Caught an intruder (pics)

TTQ B4U

So the wife and I suspected we had an unwanted house guest as for the past couple days, both dogs have been acting a little suspicious and sniffing around a lot.

With Patches being part terrier of some sort, he definitely was tuned into it and was the most active, but our Boxer was tenaciously searching the finished lower level too.

Yesterday we noticed they were sniffing at the couch and thus I pulled the backs off of it (they remove) and extended both recliners. There I found a small amount of mouse droppings and about 6 months worth of shit from the kids; including.....popcorn. Bingo. I'd move in their too.

So at midnight I went out and stocked up on about a dozen traps including some snap traps and glue traps. I suspected the bugger came from the lower level as years ago we found a mole down there. I set up a couple traps under/inside each couch and some glue traps along the walls.

I only had four hours sleep so I didn't suspect too much would come out then, but she was waiting for lights-out. Opened the door to the basement to find this :gabe:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/138200437/original.jpg

A small female field mouse. Couple whacks on the head with a screw driver helped cure this problem. I'm leaving the traps all set up around the lower level, in the furniture and under some furniture in the kitchen just to be sure.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we had a mouse problem back when i was in grad school, and lived near high st and king st. we caught 5 of them one week. two of them simply found their way into an empty trash can that we put food scraps in, and they couldn't get out. fed one of them to a large pirahna i had at the time. we later told the previous tenants (4 girls we knew from school) about the problem, and they confessed, that was why they moved out after a year. looking back, it was worth it just for the pirahna stunt

This is my mouse trap....

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/Juicedh22/pets/IMG_0616.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/Juicedh22/pets/IMG_0641.jpg

Back in my college house, she (Bacardi is her name) was BA at catching the mice... Though she liked to toy with them before she killed them.

Now that I dont live in the ghetto, no mouse problem... which means the cat just gets fatter...

I have used several methods of killing them. As a kid BB Gun to the skull, fire cracker (M88) under them in the trap... use at least 2, 1 puts them in a lil pain. In my adult years I have been a bit more humain. I norm just drop them into a bucket of water.

Ya mango, it's a little twisted to whack it over the head with a screwdriver. I am no hippie but glue traps are for catch and release, get a trap that kills and save yourself the "whacking" with screw drivers. Let your dog eat or something at least...

Ya mango, it's a little twisted to whack it over the head with a screwdriver. I am no hippie but glue traps are for catch and release, get a trap that kills and save yourself the "whacking" with screw drivers. Let your dog eat or something at least...

Glue traps are not for catch and release, if u try and pull the mouse off it usually breaks their tiny legs lol. Been there done that!

I have used several methods of killing them. As a kid BB Gun to the skull, fire cracker (M88) under them in the trap... use at least 2, 1 puts them in a lil pain. In my adult years I have been a bit more humain. I norm just drop them into a bucket of water.

ya because death by drowning is so much more humane!

Haha at the PETA members concerned about a mouse :lolguy:

Glue traps are not catch and release devices. Don't believe me, stick one on your hairy bals and then try and humanely remove it. Let me know how it works.

Yeah, I whacked it over the head to kill it. Just happened to have a flathead nearby. Better than leaving it alive plastered to a tray to starve and dehydrate in my trash can. In terms of the method of killing it, honestly doesn't matter. Drowning takes minutes, whacking seconds. In the end, dead is dead and last i read there's no memory of pain felt in the afterlife.

Glue traps are not for catch and release, if u try and pull the mouse off it usually breaks their tiny legs lol. Been there done that!

I would poor hot water in the base and they could break free by themselves with some effort. Anyway, doesn't matter, little bastard it's chilling in ratatouille.

I would poor hot water in the base and they could break free by themselves with some effort. Anyway, doesn't matter, little bastard it's chilling in ratatouille.

:confused: hot water on a mouse while glued to a trap? Now that would be a site for my wife to see. Me making mouse stew.

That's because you're suppose to pour olive oil on it. :yuno:

I prefer a little Italian seasoning followed by a dusting of Parmesan cheese. Then a few minutes in the toaster oven. :fuckyeah:

glue traps are not a catch and release trap you will torture the mouse removing it from the trap as you tear its fur and skin. Once in a glue trap they are as good as dead.