movie in review: drive

AWW$HEEET

seriously great movie. reminds me of kinda an indie film. even sort of quinton tarantino-esque.

the movie doesn't feature a ton of driving, but has a great plot, a few gore scenes, great characters, some tense moments of absolute dead silence.

i would 100% recommend seeing it.

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/drive_movie_promo_poster_01.jpg

I was super excited to go see this movie. The previews reminded me a lil of the game Driver (nothing like the game). I didn't have a chance to go see it till Saturday night. I got off work, ran home changed. Make it in time to get popcorn, rasinets and a coke. Sit down in time for previews. Didn't see anything cool coming out soon :/

Then drive starts with the opening car scene, was funny and a 300whp late model Impala was comical, but not what I expected out of a wheel man movie. Was expecting a little more Transporter like film. But the long drawn out silence wasn't really tense as much as it was slightly comical. Me and my girl friend both were laughing at the wtf is going on moments. But the scene in the new Mustang was pretty good except for how a 300C was keeping up and out powering it through the turns and straights in the chase. The scene where Ryan Gosling's character fucked shit up was great. He has a ton of potential to do darker roles. Once scene where his face was covered in blood reminded me of Patrick Bateman from American Physco. But his overall vibe was very VERY James Dean like.

It was a good movie all in all. But I feel my expectations were a little too high.Dont go expecting to see something great, but it is a good movie! I would own it on DVD.

It was a good movie all in all. But I feel my expectations were a little too high.Dont go expecting to see something great, but it is a good movie! I would own it on DVD.

Exactly. watching the previews i expected a bit more of an action movie with little plot but it was the complete opposite so i definitly wasnt expecting it. It was good but the moments of silence were a bit much at times. That and Gosling's charector (which i dont even think he had a name) didnt say more than like 20 words all movie. Surprisingly alot of gorey scenes too.

Exactly. watching the previews i expected a bit more of an action movie with little plot but it was the complete opposite so i definitly wasnt expecting it. It was good but the moments of silence were a bit much at times. That and Gosling's charector (which i dont even think he had a name) didnt say more than like 20 words all movie. Surprisingly alot of gorey scenes too.

without telling too much, i like the scene with the blown heist job. felt like an hr of complete silence, but it made it that much more exciting.