Keurig coffee makers

Major_golf

We used to have one in the office. We ran that bitch hard, at least 25 cups a day for 2 years and it never died. Kind of a PITA to refill the reservoir every few cups though. And you have to run a "cleaning" cycle of just water through it or you'll get cross-contamination from cup-to-cup. It would get all pissed off if a power surge hit it though, nothing a power-cycle wouldn't fix.

Not worried about counter top space and overal I dot think the k cups taste that bad

So ...... you're buying an expensive, poorly-rated, breakage-prone gadget that looks as if it's a Star Trek prop so that you can make k cups that "don't taste that bad."

Where did the best cup of coffee you ever had come from?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/ibrik05.jpg

$18.00 on the internet and it'll last a lifetime. Secret: to make one cup of coffee at a time, only pour one cup of water into it. :p

So ...... you're buying an expensive, poorly-rated, breakage-prone gadget that looks as if it's a Star Trek prop so that you can make k cups that "don't taste that bad."

Where did the best cup of coffee you ever had come from?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/ibrik05.jpg

$18.00 on the internet and it'll last a lifetime. Secret: to make one cup of coffee at a time, only pour one cup of water into it. :p

Yes, but I don't have an open flame at work in which to make it, or I would.

Ergo why I press at work, we have the "hot water dispenser" which has pretty consistent water temps. French press & grinder = excellent cup of Joe.

Yes, but I don't have an open flame at work in which to make it, or I would.

You don't need an open flame, silly. Gas stove works great (takes about 2 mins); I use an electric range at home. In Northern Africa, they sat the ibrik on the sand in the sun and it worked fine. Bottom line is that any heat source works (e.g., turbo intercooler).

The electronic business I have started selling Keurigs. I've sold a lot them this year (Around 1,000) on Amazon/ebay. The B70's work well. I sell used ones for ~$70. You have to descale them every few weeks/months depending on your water.

What is this

http://www.coffee.org/admin/articles1/images/1314284616-french-press.jpg

1. Hot water (preferably from a dispenser or regulated somehow)

2. Add coarse ground coffee

3. Let sit for 3-4 minutes (you'll get a feel for each coffee)

4. Use press to press grinds to bottom

5. Enjoy

Don't let it sit in the press unnecessarily either, either pour it all into a large cup, or put the excess into a carafe.