sawe off shot gun questions

oh8sti

the stock will still be on it, no pistol grip.

Im probly gonna cut it regardless of the law, most likely and inch past the tube. I want something very short. I just wanna know what kind of trouble id be in if i did use it for home defense assuming i would need to use it.

Posting about it here would be incredibly dumb for one considering there are known and respected LEO's on the forum. And you basically just claimed your intent to take part in a felony act.

Just saying.

and.... Overall length needs to be 26 inches. And if you used it in self defense I imagine you would/could potentially save your life only to get tried as felon and go to jail yourself.

I have a remington 870 HD 18" barrel and it is plenty short. Of course I put on 2 pistol grips because its much more fun to use that way.

If your concern is spread pattern, the choke will do more to determine that then the length will if your only talking a couple inches.

I have a remington 870 HD 18" barrel and it is plenty short. Of course I put on 2 pistol grips because its much more fun to use that way.

If your concern is spread pattern, the choke will do more to determine that then the length will if your only talking a couple inches.

im not worried about spread pattern. I intent to use it as a 00 buck/slug/00 buck/slug.

hmm, could you make it a pistol? I think that would be fun, not sure if it would require any special stamps or forms though.

i guess thats really what i want to know. I mean yeah i have property that i could shoot it on and have no problems but that wouldnt be the purpose. I want something short for home defense here on campus. I also dont wanna go to jail over it.

i guess thats really what i want to know. I mean yeah i have property that i could shoot it on and have no problems but that wouldnt be the purpose. I want something short for home defense here on campus. I also dont wanna go to jail over it.

Wait... so... you live on campus and you dont care about spread pattern/ammo or whether or not its 'illegal' to have a 'sawe' off shotgun?!

Jesus i hope i never live next to you, or on the same street for that matter.

is it really that big of a deal?

noted lol im not thinking clearly

is there a legal way to own one?

an illegal short barrel shotgun, short barrel rifle, and other illegal class 3 weapons = 10 years in pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Absolutely not worth it.

There are legal ways to do it, but it costs money. Short barrel shotguns are one of the cheaper class 3 weapons to get, but I forget the exact numbers. Not at all worth it IMO, way easier and cheaper to get an off the shelf Remington 870 with a factory 18.5" barrel, then get a recoil reducing Knoxx Stock for it. Completely legal that way, far cheaper, and works extremely well.

Wait... so... you live on campus and you dont care about spread pattern/ammo or whether or not its 'illegal' to have a 'sawe' off shotgun?!

Jesus i hope i never live next to you, or on the same street for that matter.

Listen buddy it was late, my brain was a little foggy and I never really thought about a sawed off until recently. For home defense it seems like a the best way to go (shot gun). It also looks like I will not be cutting it shorter than 18inches lol. I didn't think it would be a huge deal. I understand owning a full auto needs stamps ect. I just didn't know a short shot gun would too.

an illegal short barrel shotgun, short barrel rifle, and other illegal class 3 weapons = 10 years in pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Absolutely not worth it.

There are legal ways to do it, but it costs money. Short barrel shotguns are one of the cheaper class 3 weapons to get, but I forget the exact numbers. Not at all worth it IMO, way easier and cheaper to get an off the shelf Remington 870 with a factory 18.5" barrel, then get a recoil reducing Knoxx Stock for it. Completely legal that way, far cheaper, and works extremely well.

That's the info I'm looking for. Thanks man. Obviously I didn't think it would be a huge deal, but I was wrong. I don't wanna get my butthole rammed inside out.