Turbo 5.0 Starting Problem

MackDaddy43

I'm having a problem with it starting. It'll start right up in the morning with no problem, but after I get done driving it, it doesn't like to start back up. It does not have a timer on it, but I'm pretty good at leaving it running for at minimum 3-5 mins. It'll crank, and crank and blow smoke and everything(tuned rich for new engine) but It won't fire up. It seems like the only time it will finally start firing is JUST before the battery dies. It'll start dying, then finally fire enough to turn the alt to charge it a little, and then SOMETIMES it'll start up.

I've been told it may be the ECT, my MSD, Starter heat soak, or not enough CCA.

I know theres a couple turbo fox guys here, so I wanted to see if any of you had ideas.

take it to dynotune and have him put it on the scanner and run it

That's where it was tuned originally. It needs retuned anyways, so if I don't get it resolved by then, that will be the route I take.

I had the battery out for 2 days when I was tucking some wires, and after that, it didn't seem to have any starting problems. But, now they're back. So I have to assume it's something electrical.

Does it have a ebay turbo kit with the knock-off FMS 42lb green top injectors?

Floor it while cranking and it will fire up I bet.

It's the on3 performance single turbo kit. And that's the way I always have to start it :/

Forgot to mention that.

take the battery out have it tested first also it sounds like your typical distributor problem pick up or tfi module died or is on the way out

I hear autozone can test the tfi on stangnet, true?